Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts
That $ucks! Wait as long as it takes to finally get one, hopefully they will get it fixed soon.

·
Registered
2020 General 4 1000, SuperATV 3” lift, Quad Boss 2” wheel spacers, Hunterworks rollers and belt
484 Posts
Is it just me or is that oil drip awfully black for only 20 miles?

·
Registered
113 Posts
My question would be is it leaving a puddle under the machine or puddling up on the machine somewhere? If not and that is the only sign, then it may be lube that was put on the bolt when they assembled it and now that the machine is warm it has leached thru the case. Have built several Harley's and put oil on the threads of studs and when it gets warm after the initial start up it can and has at times leached out and left a small amount of oil around the jugs.

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
Polaris uses a grey Permatex sealer on the case joints. Just like Harley does. It's more like a thick toothpaste than RTV.

YouTube probably has videos of it being put on the case by CNC machine. But it you leave a gap or even a thin spot...it will leak.

Bought a tube when rebuilding a RZR800 motor for a friend. Good stuff...but you have to have a full bead to seal the joint.

Just sayin' And something to mention to dealer.

Pirate

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My question would be is it leaving a puddle under the machine or puddling up on the machine somewhere? If not and that is the only sign, then it may be lube that was put on the bolt when they assembled it and now that the machine is warm it has leached thru the case. Have built several Harley's and put oil on the threads of studs and when it gets warm after the initial start up it can and has at times leached out and left a small amount of oil around the jugs.
No, its dripping on floor & saturated skid plate.

·
Registered
Super Graphite 2021 XP 1000 Deluxe with RC
75 Posts
Polaris uses a grey Permatex sealer on the case joints. Just like Harley does. It's more like a thick toothpaste than RTV.

YouTube probably has videos of it being put on the case by CNC machine. But it you leave a gap or even a thin spot...it will leak.

Bought a tube when rebuilding a RZR800 motor for a friend. Good stuff...but you have to have a full bead to seal the joint.

Just sayin' And something to mention to dealer.

Pirate
I would guess by your description that Polaris is using some type of semi-drying sealant that doesn't fully cure. (similar to Yamabond or Hondabond)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Transmission oil leaking from case halves on brand new G2 XP only 20 miles on unit.
Calling dealer tomorrow View attachment 70223 View attachment 70223
With even less miles than yours, my 2021 XP Deluxe which I took delivery on last October had a poorly sealed tranny and also an oil leak, among other things. The dealer I bought from was excellent and did the repairs under warranty. However, I had to put the unit into storage for the winter right away so I asked for the factory to extend my warranty so I could ensure the repairs were suitable when I take it out this spring and will be out of warranty. Polaris balked at first but after a little visit among us, they relented and provided an extended warranty through October 2023 at no cost to me. Suggest you ask for some extra protection on a brand new machine. They did what I asked and I hope the repairs are solid and this is the end of it. I reminded Polaris this was a new machine and if they believed it was worth the money they could stand behind a repair that shouldn't have been required and their cost on the extended warranty would be nothing if the work was done correctly. They agreed and did the right thing. Hope your situation turns out the same.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Westy39 - Congratulations on explaining to Polaris an honorable and totally fair solution to a mutually unwanted problem. Sometimes business people just don't come up with the right answer to a customer complaint. They just need the right answer to be presented to them, without the negativity that usually comes along with it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well its only been 2 days & have not heard from dealer but I told them "do not rush it" I want it done right, I only had the unit 3 days when I brought it back to the dealer so Im not concerned about down time at the moment, I expect it should take about a week to get it back. I also purchased an extended warranty . It just sucks that it has to be taken apart & repaired at 25 miles as things are never the same, things left loose, scratches, improper routing of hoses & wiring. I hope my dealer is a good one.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Talked to dealer yesterday, they are waiting on polaris to authorize repairs, transmission is out & they also think its lack of sealant when assembled. Wait & see

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Update on transmission oil leak.

Dealer said Polaris wants to replace complete transmission, apparently the mating surface of the case half was "gouged" or machined wrong, I am pleased with this decision vs repairing but it adds time to the repair , it may be two weeks before dealer gets transmission & my brand new General will be sitting outside uncovered the whole time. Looks like I need to buy a cover & go cover it up.

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts
Update on transmission oil leak.

Dealer said Polaris wants to replace complete transmission, apparently the mating surface of the case half was "gouged" or machined wrong, I am pleased with this decision vs repairing but it adds time to the repair , it may be two weeks before dealer gets transmission & my brand new General will be sitting outside uncovered the whole time. Looks like I need to buy a cover & go cover it up.
Sounds like you're being taken care of, that's good to hear!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts