Polaris General Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hello all, I recently joined the forum since I received so many orders from individuals about this wrench. I am the manufacturer and continue to build more as I sell them. I currently have about 30 units as of 7/16/2021. I'm glad these are also helping the General owners as I had originally made them for the RZR Turbos. If you would like one let me know at [email protected] . Thank you all who have shown interest.

View attachment 71405

1. A36 mild steel / .135 material thickness.
2. Laser Cut (tolerances +/- .005") always consistent fit
3. Plasti dip handles- color varies black, red, orange
Looks GREAT!!
Email sent to place my order!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Finding that on the General these wrenches work best on the taller WIX filters where increased length allows the handle to swing easier away from the hoses. It will work on the standard Polaris but is a bit tight. The wrench gets in there where most other tools cant really get around the filter. Picture below demonstrates fitment on stock Polaris. This will break loose and snug up any of the burned on filters and doesn't need a lot of turning regardless of filter used. Some are just a little easier then others to get to due to length.

·
Registered
2018 Polaris General 1000 Deluxe
336 Posts
Finding that on the General these wrenches work best on the taller WIX filters where increased length allows the handle to swing easier away from the hoses. It will work on the standard Polaris but is a bit tight. The wrench gets in there where most other tools cant really get around the filter. Picture below demonstrates fitment on stock Polaris filter.

View attachment 71459 View attachment 71460
Would increasing the offset on the wrench help with the stock filter? Many of us just like running with the stock Polaris filter.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Would increasing the offset on the wrench help with the stock filter? Many of us just like running with the stock Polaris filter.
Increased offset might help some on stock Polaris but to be honest swinging anything in that space is very tight. This tool will break those sticky burned on filters loose with limited swing required on any of the filters. The wrench fits rather tight on the filter so you dont have a lot of slop on the swing of the handle

·
Registered
20 G2 XP RC
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Increased offset might help some on stock Polaris but to be honest swinging anything in that space is very tight. This tool will break those sticky burned on filters loose with limited swing required on any of the filters. The wrench fits rather tight on the filter so you dont have a lot of slop on the swing of the handle
What about increasing the handle length to 12" from the center of the wrench box?
Right now it is 8" and to get to the filter, at least from the passenger's side, it is a bit tight on the hand/knuckles.

·
Registered
13 Posts
What about increasing the handle length to 12" from the center of the wrench box?
Right now it is 8" and to get to the filter, at least from the passenger's side, it is a bit tight on the hand/knuckles.
I have been asked both ways longer handle and really short handle. Overall length of 13.5 inch would increase the tool cost (material blank) and shipping would go up unfortunately making this a bit out of price range for what most want to pay. Unfortunately my shipping is the same as anyone since I don't have a large account like the big companies. So far there seems to be a common theme among users that it could be easier but they were able to break loose a filter that otherwise they couldnt using the tool.

·
Registered
20 G2 XP RC
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I have been asked both ways longer handle and really short handle. Overall length of 13.5 inch would increase the tool cost (material blank) and shipping would go up unfortunately making this a bit out of price range for what most want to pay. Unfortunately my shipping is the same as anyone since I don't have a large account like the big companies. So far there seems to be a common theme among users that it could be easier but they were able to break loose a filter that otherwise they couldnt using the tool.
Understood and can just use a pipe extension instead. All good, thanks.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts