Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Deluxe
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The OEM Shifter Broke with previous owner, looks like cheap aluminum casting... Everything still shifts fine but it sucks having to use a small section of pipe to shift.

·
Registered
2016 Deluxe
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I purchased a gear grabber replacement but haven't found much detail online around how it installs - anyone have experience with them? I don't my broken shaft will make it not work.

I'm a bit disappointed with their customer service, I've reached out and haven't heard anything from them around application or when I should expect shipment. I was charged for the unit 10 days ago...

·
Premium Member
1,879 Posts
I installed it, it was very straight forward. I did watch an install video from Busted Knuckle off-road. There's was on a Rzr but it was pretty much the same

·
Registered
2021 Polaris General XP4
3 Posts
Ordered a Gear Grabber from my General over a month ago and other than a receipt for my payment haven't heard anything from them. Sent them two messages and haven't heard back. They must be real busy, but they need to improve their customer service.

·
Registered
2016 Deluxe
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I sent another message tonight, my last one - I'll dispute the charge next on my card and go elsewhere. I was really looking forward to their product, still hoping it works out.

·
Registered
2016 Deluxe
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
To follow up / close on this, I finally got a response after my credit card company went after him. We discussed how no response within 60 days = no customer service. He said it was a side business that he couldn't keep up with but would try and catch up, again not good service. I told him I was still interested in product but wasn't holding my breathe - if he gets me the gated shifter, I'll pay him is where I left it.

I bought a NOS OEM one off ebay for $30...

·
Registered
2022 General XP4 Deluxe RC - Ghost White
19 Posts
Yeah dude, that's some real crap customer service for sure. At least send an email or two a month to anyone pending shipment, not too much to ask.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Glad I saw this thread before I purchased one. I was about to pull the trigger. There has to be another company (reputable) out there making these.

·
Registered
2016 Deluxe
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, sorry to disappoint, those that have received them seem to be happy. He's a garage side business and got in over his head is my guess.

·
Registered
2022 General XP4 Deluxe RC - Ghost White
19 Posts
I can understand that completely. Not sure anyone saw the OHV market doing what it did for the last 18 months. But that doesn't negate the fact that he still has responsibility to his customers to at least keep them somewhat informed on their product status. Especially if they have paid him for the product.

Getting behind on "hey will this work for my ride" emails from people that haven't purchased is one thing. Not responding to someone that has paid you for a product for 3 months is a problem.

Again, I understand if he's behind right now. Everyone is. But, let your paying customers know wtf is going on.

·
Registered
2021 Polaris General XP4
3 Posts
Ordered the Gear Grabber 7 months ago and after receiving an automated email showing my $350.00 payment receipt. I sent several emails requesting info but never hear back and obviously didn't receive the parts. So after several months and no correspondence I disputed the charges with my credit card company and just recently received notification that my $350.00 was refunded.

Don't buy from Gear Grabber!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts