Polaris General Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I just drilled and tapped the hole and used a 1/4-28 allen head screw. If it becomes a problem in the future then I can put some type of thread insert into the ROPS. I don't think it will be an issue though.

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
I used an 8mm screw. nice black color, smoother head...and I have lots of them left over from other projects.

Pirate

·
Registered
8 Posts
Regarding the windshield sliding down, mine did the same thing. The new Polaris windshield has a couple brackets that mount on the hood to keep the windshield from sliding. My dealer submitted a claim on mine. I said the brackets off the new part number windshield will solve the problem. They said the brackets aren't available separately so the warrantied a complete windshield. This is where it gets good. Dealer told me Polaris warrantied the windshield. Great. Dealer said but they won't give you the new part number windshield. They will only replace with the old part number. I said thats the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Not going to solve the problem. I then called Polaris to bitch. No good. After 3 return phone calls they told me the same. Said they couldn't give the new part number windshield because that isn't the part that failed. I said, well I guess if you want to keep wasting your money and my time replacing I will keep bitching. Sure I can fix it with a bolt. But the money spent on these machines and the accessories they can make a part that works and doesn't require the owner to fix it right. Shows how smart Polaris is. They could make a bracket kit for say $10, send out to all the dealers to give to customers that have this issue. Problem fixed, customer happy, Polaris spends $10 instead of the cost of a windshield. I'm done with Polaris

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
This is another of those issues. Like the RZR 800 rear diff pinion nut. Like the Hilliard front differential.

Polaris isn't going to do a recall to correctly fix the problem...cuz it costs too much.

That's what this forum is about...sharing what we have learned, what we're struggling with, where we've been, and all sorts of information.

The bolt solution isn't that difficult to implement, and it solves the problem just about permanently.

Every other UTV on the market has it's own set of issues.

So it goes.

Pirate

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just picked my 2020XP a week ago. I had the dealer install an OEM Glass windshield and wiper kit since it was a free install for accessories. We went for our first longer ride today and got a chance to try the wiper. Wiper worked good but as the day went on the windshield started to leak at the top and progressively got worse. I looked at it a little closer and noticed that the windshield was actually slipping down opening up a void at the top where water kept coming in. So I adjusted it but it continued to slide down. Probably due to the added weight of the wiper kit. When their engineers design somthing you would think they would consider the cause and effect of other components. Looks like another crappy Polaris design. You would think OEM would fit like a glove. It's my own fault though because this isn't first time I've been burned by polaris. Anyway, I have a few ideas how to correct it but wanted to see if anybody else has had this same issue and what did you do to correct it. I appreciate your input. Thanks!
Hi I made rubber blocks that fit under the windshield and work perfectly, no tools required and I havnt lost one yet.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts