Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I recently had a clunking noise that sounds like a gear issue in the front end of my 21 xp g4
Only have 30 hours on the machine
It only clunks at full turn but not at low enough speed to stand in front and see where it's coming from.
Anyone have any issues with the front differential and or axles
I plan to dig deeper in the near future but want to see if anyone has had same noise.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
38 Posts
So I recently had a clunking noise that sounds like a gear issue in the front end of my 21 xp g4
Only have 30 hours on the machine
It only clunks at full turn but not at low enough speed to stand in front and see where it's coming from.
Anyone have any issues with the front differential and or axles
I plan to dig deeper in the near future but want to see if anyone has had same noise.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
May not be your issue but my 21 XP Deluxe made a clunking sound in the front end which I noticed shortly after delivery too. It was the upper shock spacer which can sometimes not be seated properly and creates a bind and clunk. Dealer replaced under warranty. Many comments on the shock spacer in the various forums. Worth checking out before throwing parts and time at it. Good luck!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I had the same infrequent noise/clunk also turned out to be shocks. Easy to remove shock from the spring with a compressor and verify good piston rigidity before tearing into anything else more expensive and hard to remove.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Sounds like a CV axle joint in a bind if you are at full turn. Have you tried switching between drive modes like turf, 2 wheel, and AWD and then do full turns. Just curious if it still makes the noise. I had a similar issue/noise when turning but it was from my driver rear cv axle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts