Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched but I can't find any threads where someone has made their own windshield washer system.

Really should be pretty easy, I plan to put the nozzle on the hood like I've seen others do who move the factory one, but hoping someone has found a washer fluid tank with a pump built in that fits well under the hood of the General.

·
Super Moderator
4,195 Posts
I am keeping a lookout for a tank with a pump or a tank to mount someplace other than under hood maybe behind the fuel tank but slim so wont stick out. :grin2:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Have a thread titled wiper, has some pictures, I used a tank and bracket of a late 60's early 70 chev, and used a napa universal pump mounted to reservoir bracket.

·
Registered
94 Posts
1970 chevy tank from eBay fits under hood have to buy universal pump Nosals on the hood work good I found the orface will move in the socket to adjust spray

·
Registered
374 Posts

I used this one Along with rear wiper motor assembly from 2006 Ford Escape, tank fits well just heated it up and shortened it up a 1/4” works great
I have this pump installed. It's mounted by the frame and accessible under the hood. I drilled a large enough hole to get the neck up under the hood and keep it clean. I drilled two holes in the hood for the squirter nozzles.

The pump is great, but I'm going to change out the squirters. They aren't adjustable, so I get a stream instead of a spray.

·
Super Moderator
4,195 Posts
That's about what I'm planning a bottle mounted under or in back Nice job!

·
Registered
759 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts