Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a problem, my General was doing fine at WKE at Brimstone this weekend and then I went to start it and all it would do is turn over but not start. I'm thinking it might be the coil but not sure. Any ideas ?:frown2:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well the dealerships mechanic called Fri and said it was the spark plugs. Hard to believe since they were changed out 3 weeks ago when I had my 25 hr break-in oil change done. They changed oil, filters and the plugs. Maybe I just got a bad set of plugs, but it's got me scratching my head. Hopefully that will be the end of that but I'm going to get an extra set of plugs just in case.

·
Registered
88 Posts
If it was a 2 stroke I can see the plugs fouling but they should last for quiet a while before giving trouble in a General. Just wondering if you use the same dealer I do?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I don't know what actually went wrong but they said it was the plugs and it's running so I'm gonna play along because that's what's on paper. If something happens down the road I'm covered. So far Tommy's Motorsports has been pretty good to work with. At least they didn't keep my machine for a month like another E.Tenn. dealer did.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts