Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2022 General 4 1000 Ride Command Edition
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I brought my new 2022 home, the audio hasn't worked right if at all. 80% of the time there is no sound at all from the stage 3 system. Just dead silence. Occasionally it cuts in for a moment randomly, and sometimes if you select AM as a source, then back to FM, it will start working, but most of the time, there is no output from the speakers. I understand this is a warranty issue, but was curious if anyone else with a 22 was having similar problems, or possibly had an idea what it might be
Thanks.

·
Registered
2022 general XP on the way
471 Posts
From my limited knowledge it sounds like the head unit is junk or something isn't plugged into it correctly. I'd pop the dash top off and take a quick look to make sure everything is plugged into it correctly. After that it'd go straight back to the dealer fir a warranty claim/work...

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Recently had someone get a bad software update load and the system did similar things.
Try loading or reloading the latest software and see if it fixes it. If not, then do as lueck89 says above.
Is that something I can do or does the dealer need to do that?

·
Registered
20 G2 XP RC
1,396 Posts
  • Download the update. Download the July 2021 Update
  • Copy it to a USB drive that is formatted FAT32 or exFAT.
  • Plug the USB drive into your vehicle's USB port (inside glovebox) and turn on the touchscreen.
  • Tap the Polaris logo at the top of the screen, then tap "All Settings".
  • Tap "General" from the tabs on the left.
  • Scroll down to "Update Software".
  • Select the file you want to install. "Newest" will be automatically displayed next to the newest version detected on the USB drive.
  • The touchscreen will reboot and install the software.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the replies. It's strange the version I have isn't listed. Maybe there's a bug with my version. I'd like to try the 21.25 version, but would like to go back to the version I have if it doesn't fix it.

·
Registered
20 G2 XP RC
1,396 Posts
Thanks for the replies. It's strange the version I have isn't listed. Maybe there's a bug with my version. I'd like to try the 21.25 version, but would like to go back to the version I have if it doesn't fix it.
I would try it.
If it fixes it, good.
If not, then you will be taking it to the dealer and if a new head unit is needed, the software on this one won't matter.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
True. I'll give it a try. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I am now running 21.25, it seems to have made no difference. I went out to the garage with the usb, turned the machine on, the warning screen for keeping your eves on the road comes up then in a second or two the radio starts and sound is coming from the speakers. After about 5 seconds all sound stops and dead silence. I perform the update and it restarts. A message at the top of the screen tells me that the software has been updated to 21.25 but the sound never comes back. I can try to change sources, but still nothing. I could check but it doesn't seem like a loose connection, there's no signal breakup or other noises, and the machine was still, no bouncing or movement, the sound just instantly stops. The way the sound disappears, its almost like something else has taken output priority like a bluetooth headset or something like that. or maybe the amp is shutting off. I can take a look under the dash and see. maybe ill find something.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Checked in the dash no loose connections, wiggling wires makes no difference. I can disconnect the phone from Bluetooth and it doesn't help, nor can it play music from the phone. Actually, It does play the music, just without sound. It seems to behave differently since the update. When you turn the key on, if you get some sound, it plays for a few seconds then decreases in volume and sound quality then goes silent. It's done that 2 or 3 times since the update. Then you can shut the key off and when you turn it back on, sometimes you get sound some times you don't. Sometimes in the middle of a ride it will suddenly come on, there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it's behavior that I can see.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just an update, machine doesn't go in till Friday but last night the volume controls were all wacky. There was sound output from the speakers, but volume up made it quieter, volume down made it louder. A few hours earlier, volume controls worked correctly except when you turned it all the way down to mute, you could still hear it plain as day. Really weird.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts