Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening eveyone.

Has anyone had an issue with none of the speakers working including the sub in the factory stage 4.

It use to work fine. Haven't used it in 6 months. Started it up and no sound. The unit works can change stations am fm Bluetooth but no sound.

Is the amp fried and need a new one?
Is the factory amp from rockford not a good unit. If so which one to buy?

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
5,486 Posts
Sure hope no rodents got at your wiring.
Welcome to the Forum.
PM sent.

·
Registered
2022 general XP on the way
1,110 Posts
I had on my old machine the antenna popped off during the heater install at the dealership. I know it's unlikely for it to do that without being used, but I guess that's where I'd start. Pop the dash top off and check the backside of the radio. Make sure everything is plugged into it...

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 General XP 1000 Deluxe/RC/Stage 4 RF
1,302 Posts
Do you have a windshield? I read that they can cause water to pool up on them. I would not get another OEM replacement. They have the wrong amount of channels for the stage 4, needs a 5 channel amp. I’m in the process of figuring out the harness to install a 5 channel and get this thing sounding right. Only problem is the harness isn’t built the same as the adapter harness instruction show……seems to be at least 2 different OEM harnesses.

·
Premium Member
2022 General XP 4 Trailhead Edition
205 Posts
I've had this happen on my ride command a few times. Someone else posted awhile ago it seems to be a glitch with the bluetooth even if you aren't using it. Mine usually comes back if I switch the sources back and forth. A couple times I had to uninstall the phone as a source and then everything started working again.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Good evening eveyone.

Has anyone had an issue with none of the speakers working including the sub in the factory stage 4.

It use to work fine. Haven't used it in 6 months. Started it up and no sound. The unit works can change stations am fm Bluetooth but no sound.

Is the amp fried and need a new one?
Is the factory amp from rockford not a good unit. If so which one to buy?

Thanks for the help
Got in our General this afternoon and no sound from speakers. Fm/am and bluetooth changes and connects but no sound from speakers. Was wondering if you found out the problem with yours Before I dig into mine. Thinking the amp is toast.

·
Registered
2022 General 1000 XP
5 Posts
Got in our General this afternoon and no sound from speakers. Fm/am and bluetooth changes and connects but no sound from speakers. Was wondering if you found out the problem with yours Before I dig into mine. Thinking the amp is toast.
Similar thing is happening to me. I start it up and radio is working fine. After anywhere from 5 to 10 minutes of run time the speakers start going in and out and finally the sound stops completely. But everything on the Ride Command panel showing songs advancing.
I took it into the dealer and told them what was going on. They say they have another machine in the shop doing the same thing and that it’s the amp. Mine is still under warranty, so they’re ordering me an amp. This may be an issue with the 2022s.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Is there an easy way to remove the factory amp and install a regular, 4ch amp in these things? I mean, pulling the power and ground would be very simple and one could use the factory speaker wires but is the wiring between the HU or RC proprietary and complicated?

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Input/output goes in same side unlike a “regular” amp. The wiring diagrams I’ve seen don’t describe in/out on the wires. Maybe after riding season is over I’ll unwrap the wiring harness and get it figured out. I want to put a proper 5 channel in pretty bad

·
Registered
2022 General 4 1000 Ride Command Edition
137 Posts
Similar thing is happening to me. I start it up and radio is working fine. After anywhere from 5 to 10 minutes of run time the speakers start going in and out and finally the sound stops completely. But everything on the Ride Command panel showing songs advancing.
I took it into the dealer and told them what was going on. They say they have another machine in the shop doing the same thing and that it’s the amp. Mine is still under warranty, so they’re ordering me an amp. This may be an issue with the 2022s.
My 22 has had loads of problems with the audio. Have a ride command head unit that was possessed of an evil spirit in the process of being warrantied. Thank goodness they gave me a loaner, because we have been waiting for more than a month for a new one with no end in sight. Probably be waiting a long long time. When it gets here, we will probably be needing a new amp too. Whenever it rains or the vehicle is washed, it starts popping like crazy. This lasts for days afterwards. I know water drips down on it, and must be getting inside it. It takes several days afterwards for it to dry out then it settles down, and works like it should.
I dont get it. If your not going to put a waterproof amp in the vehicle, at least dont mount it where the water drips.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
my 2020 General has same problem, so what amp are people putting in place of the stock amp?

I assuming Polaris has not done a recall over this issue.
You have stage 4? I’d get a 5 channel it will be much better. Looking and think I have found an adapter that will work

·
Registered
243 Posts
Same here!, I have call Polaris and talked to tech guy, we did the reboots (both of them) still no sound. He said wait for the update, I did, installed when it came out, no sound. I pulled the dash and checked all connections, adding dieelectic grease as I went. I still get my phone to link up, radio stations show up on my screen and yep NO sound.

He did extend my warranty 3 months due to dealer backlog and my warranty ending 29 JUL 22.

I believe my 22 XP4 w/ RC has the stage three amp. I tried to get him to send me a new one for me to install, NO GO.

Any ideas of a plug and play replacement? I didn't find anything on the rockford web site.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Same here!, I have call Polaris and talked to tech guy, we did the reboots (both of them) still no sound. He said wait for the update, I did, installed when it came out, no sound. I pulled the dash and checked all connections, adding dieelectic grease as I went. I still get my phone to link up, radio stations show up on my screen and yep NO sound.

He did extend my warranty 3 months due to dealer backlog and my warranty ending 29 JUL 22.

I believe my 22 XP4 w/ RC has the stage three amp. I tried to get him to send me a new one for me to install, NO GO.

Any ideas of a plug and play replacement? I didn't find anything on the rockford web site.
Has your radio ever produced sound?

·
Registered
1,302 Posts

No PNP replacement except what’s there already

·
Registered
137 Posts
Mine did the same thing. Water from washing or heavy rain will drip through the rivits that holds the dash cap down, and fall directly onto the amp. Eventually it works its way in. The amp then starts popping and crackling. after a few doses of water, the amp gives up completely. I was able to get extensive video of it cracking, popping and buzzing when the key was clearly not in the vehicle. It was replaced and works great now. I have taken steps to prevent water intrusion into the cab. Ill try to do a write up on it for those who might be interested. No more wet feet and fried amps.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts