Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've owned my rig for about 10 months now and just recently found this forum. Looks like a lot of my hard learned questions could have been answered without bloody knuckles and blisters palms.... Nevertheless, I don't regret a thing and am happy to be part of the community now. I'll go ahead and throw out some pictures and see what sort of conversations ensue.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Greetings from El Paso! I second the beautiful country you get to ride in

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the compliments, everyone. And yes, certainly blessed to have some good access to trails in my area. Believe it or not, all those gorgeous areas were reached from my driveway!

·
Super Moderator
4,116 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the compliments, everyone. And yes, certainly blessed to have some good access to trails in my area. Believe it or not, all those gorgeous areas were reached from my driveway!
What trails are your favorites? I live in N NV too. I always like learning of new trails. So much to explore.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Welcome from Baja California
I did notice the fuel can in back and I’m hoping you have a really good gasket and a quality bung wrench.
Why? Just below your tank is your exhaust header and one drop of fuel ....poof! Not to be a nag or hater but I’ve seen two many Polaris’s burn to the ground.
Look into a Rotopax fuel can and buy some extra gaskets on Amazon and change the gaskets when they start to crack. If you put a bed extender on you can hang the Rotopax off the back and if it leaks chances are it won’t be over your hot engine below. Not in the garage at the moment but I’ll send you a picture of what I’m talking about. Also some guys on here hang their Rotopaxs on the side of their bed mounted racks so they are not over the engine

Cheers
Baja Charlie

·
Registered
584 Posts
I did notice the fuel can in back and I’m hoping you have a really good gasket and a quality bung wrench.
Why? Just below your tank is your exhaust header and one drop of fuel ....poof! Not to be a nag or hater but I’ve seen two many Polaris’s burn to the ground.
Look into a Rotopax fuel can and buy some extra gaskets on Amazon and change the gaskets when they start to crack. If you put a bed extender on you can hang the Rotopax off the back and if it leaks chances are it won’t be over your hot engine below. Not in the garage at the moment but I’ll send you a picture of what I’m talking about. Also some guys on here hang their Rotopaxs on the side of their bed mounted racks so they are not over the engine

Cheers
Baja Charlie
Very good point Baja, No good could come from a leaky gas can!

·
Registered
754 Posts
Sorry Pathfinder wifey had me doing stuff so here’s a pic on fuel can storage.
Also there’s a bunch of guys that hang their Rotopaxs off the side of their bed mounted racks. Perhaps they can post pics and their impressions and feedback on if they leak will the fuel go on the hot exhaust.

Be safe
Be smart
Be prepared

Cheers
Baja Charlie
image.jpg

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Cheers
Baja Charlie
Thanks Pal, your setup looks great! I've got great seals on the tank and the can is quite literary bolted to my unit. Even stayed in place through a rollover. Knock on wood but 2000 miles and not a single drop has spilled.

Cheers..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts