Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody. This is my first post on this forum. I am looking at buying a General deluxe. Tons of good info on here so thanks for that! I am currently riding in a 2012 RZR 900XP with about 8200km on it. I am looking to upgrade and the General looks like it will suit my needs better. Looked at a red one today because my dealer doesn't have a deluxe yet. They have one coming next week so I put a deposit on it so I have a chance a getting it. All the dealers around my area are telling me it's hard to get the deluxe because it's in very high demand. But anyway even the red one was awesome! Can't wait to see the other one next week! :grin2:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks a lot for the warm welcome!! Now I am trying to decide if I should wait for the 2017 to come out or go with the Delux 2016 thats showing up next week. I like the color of the 2016 more. And if the only difference is the turf mode then it will probably be the 2016 for me. What do you guys think? Is there other differences between the two? Other reasons to possibly wait? Thanks!

·
Registered
162 Posts
when we are riding slick roads in the desert,mud or snow and ice, turf mode is amazing:grin2:and all my rzr buddies wish they had it!polaris should make the front the same way.i will have to say thats the one thing can am has:frown2:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
when we are riding slick roads in the desert,mud or snow and ice, turf mode is amazing:grin2:and all my rzr buddies wish they had it!polaris should make the front the same way.i will have to say thats the one thing can am has:frown2:
From my experience in those conditions I have found it better to have a locked differential. I am not understanding how the turf mode is helping you in those situations, please explain :confused:

·
Registered
808 Posts
I too came from a Rzr 900 XP to a General Deluxe and I'm not regretting my decision one bit.

As for the locked diff/turf mode...off-camber and or downhill on slick roads with a Polaris is hard on the upholstery in the "pucker zone" if you know what I mean. The rear end tries to pass the front end because the front diff has released and only the rear wheels are under engine braking. I would much rather have the dedicated "4wd lock" option of my old Rhino in this situation than Turf Mode.

·
Registered
162 Posts
yes two tires do have more traction than one,but when the road is icy,muddy or greasy slick,an open diff drives better at higher speeds than a locker.i could put my ranger in turf mode 2wd and drive faster and straighter than when in 2wd lock or 4wd!when locked every bump,rut corner ect. you hit the ass end tries to come around you.and since polaris's front does not kick in until rear wheels spin you are sideways more than strait.and at lower speeds no doubt a locker is the best for traction.i hope that explains it.i ride alot of desert country in adverse conditions and the turf mode is nice to have.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yes two tires do have more traction than one,but when the road is icy,muddy or greasy slick,an open diff drives better at higher speeds than a locker.i could put my ranger in turf mode 2wd and drive faster and straighter than when in 2wd lock or 4wd!when locked every bump,rut corner ect. you hit the ass end tries to come around you.and since polaris's front does not kick in until rear wheels spin you are sideways more than strait.and at lower speeds no doubt a locker is the best for traction.i hope that explains it.i ride alot of desert country in adverse conditions and the turf mode is nice to have.
Thanks for the reply :smile2:

1 - 20 of 45 Posts