Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got in my new Zbroz front and rear arched a-arms and HD ball joints so I figured I would post a thread showing the completed kit with new wheels and tires.

Install was easy, quality is good, and they even came with the HD Ball Joints installed, which was super cool.

First set of pics are the fronts.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,175 Posts
Looks from the pic of front that it sets front wheel forward if so how much? looks great! also a metal of some sort in the bushings not plastic! thanks for the pics nice job! :wink2:

Reactions: Alaskan47

·
Registered
219 Posts
Moves your a arms forward so you can for bigger tires. The arching of them is to help clear obstacles as you drive. For instance with the old a arms you might would drag them through if you were going through a rut. With arched a arms they should help you go over the rut without dragging.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Call me dumb, but what exactly is the point of forward arching a-arms?
Moving your a-arms forward helps in a few areas. I'm a crawler, so I want to best approach angles possible. With the 2" forward a-arms, the first thing to touch a steep rock wall on my General will be my tires, whereas on the stock A-arms and tires, the first thing to touch would be my bumper and grille-not good. Also, when dropping off a ledge, with your tires further forward, you can clear much larger gaps and prevent rollovers.

Obviously, they help with putting on larger tires as well as you get more clearance by moving your tires further from the inner fenderwell where most tires will rub at full turn.

They also have higher ground clearance as they're arched, so when I have to straddle larger rocks I won't drag.

Downside is that turning radius is increased as the machine is now 3" longer, but I don't really care about that. So for me for rock crawling and hard trail riding, forward arms are the way to go.

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
Chad,

So did the front A-arms come with the General sort of permanent, non-lubricated, bushings....like the stock ones?

I got the SuperATV arched front A-arms, and thought a set of Super Dave's bushings would be helpful. Got a set of XP1000 bushings that Dave thought might work...no chance. The SuperATV bushings are 0.830" diameter...quite a bit smaller than the Super Dave's.

So wondering if yours have the same bushings....

Thanks,

Pirate

·
Registered
61 Posts
How were the fitment for the rear a arms? I'd asked about them on there Facebook page and they replied there having fitment issues during testing. And putting it back a few months. Said it'll be first of the year before releasing. Really like the idea of the negative setback. If there as good as you say they are for rock crawling, gonna try an hold out an wait for them.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
201 Posts
How does this kit work with higher speed handling? I am considering arched arms for clearance and approach, but also running the 2.5" RC2s for better overall suspension and be able to hit some whoops and rough stuff a bit more aggressively. If I kept the sway bar on, I would think it would give the best of both worlds? Have money down on a white Premium, but if it comes in and I don't care for it they are getting me the Titanium instead, in which case I will probably just stick with the Fox Shocks. Curious what you thoughts are?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
How were the fitment for the rear a arms? I'd asked about them on there Facebook page and they replied there having fitment issues during testing. And putting it back a few months. Said it'll be first of the year before releasing. Really like the idea of the negative setback. If there as good as you say they are for rock crawling, gonna try an hold out an wait for them.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Fitment was good on everything except for the back upper drivers a-arm hadn't had the opening bored out far enough to accept the factory bushing, so i sent it back to Z-broz and they over-nighted it back t to me. Other than that, everything fit up perfectly. No issues whatsoever. Not sure what they meant on their Facebook page about fitment issues. Mine were just fine.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts