Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELP, I've read a ton of feeds on here. I have a 22 Polaris General 4 Deluxe, all I want is to do with my General is add bigger tires and wheels all the way around so I can ride some trails and get to hunting spots. 28, 29, or 30 no bigger on 14" wheels. Any suggestions or ideas? I'd like an AT tire not too aggressive, something for trails with some rocks, little mud. You don't have to recommend a specific tire or anything. Do I need to add front and rear A-Arms or portals to go up to these size tires on a 14-inch rim? I ride mostly like Brimstone, Windrock, or Hatfield trails.

Or could you point me in the right direction?
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2022 Polaris General 1000 Premium
199 Posts
I have a general 22 premium, this is how I went and very happy, that price is tax and all

As far as tires, ive run the carnivores on 2 machines and love them, they do wear on pavement a little more than some, Sedona Rockabilly is a great tire, tusk terrabites is a great tire
I'm completely happy withy setup, no lift, no scrubbing, turned front shocks up 2 clicks

Attachments

·
Registered
2022 general XP on the way
471 Posts
A lot of guys like the new BFG mud-terrain UTV tire. You can get those in pretty much any size you want. If you get up into the 29-30" tire range I would definitely start looking at arched a arms. They'll push the tires forward or rearward 1.5" each (3" total if you do BOTH front/rear). The extra clearance is definitely nice too. I had a 20 deluxe with the standard a arms. I could hear/feel the arms catching rocks on a trail with just a set of well worn tracks in it. So I'd look to do the arms at the same time. I'd highly suggest to stay AWAY from the SATV brand. The area where they have adjustments built into them is a well known weak area and they tend to break. Look into the highlifter brand arms. I've never heard of them breaking and I belong to a few general groups...

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
3,249 Posts
30" tires, with 14x7, 5+2 wheels is a very safe setup. I ran that for a couple years on completely stock suspension, with only minor rubbing under extreme flex. I later installed arch arms up front, just for the added ground clearance.

Also, moved this to the Tire and Wheel section.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I upgraded my 2021 General Deluxe to 30" tires on 14x7 rims (30x10 Carnivore tires on STI HD9 Beadlock rims). I also changed out the stock a arms to the Super ATV high clearance arms. If i were to do it again, I would do the same (i.e., 30" tires, new 14x7 rims) but I would only put the high clearance a arms on the front (better clearance for the larger tires). Swapping the rear a arms requires new axels in addition to the a arms for what is mostly an ascetics upgrade. Basically, it wasn't worth the money. As for the weakness of the SuperATV a arms, I totally disagree. SuperATV will also replace them if they fail.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Another vote for Maxxis Carnivore 30's. I installed them onto stock 14" rims on my '21 Premium.
Also added Hunterworks primary and secondary clutching (Dalton kit) as well as their belt to eliminate the doggy throttle feel from the new oversized tires. Very happy with the results.

·
Registered
2020XP4
1,542 Posts
I loved my carnivores too. 30" on 14 inch rims. That was on my 18 2 seater. I have BFG KM3 on the XP 4, 15 inch rims. I really like them too. If you ride windrock, you need durable tires. I went there 2 years ago and ripped a sidewall within the first few hours of riding. They were Sedona Ripsaw tires. JUNK!!

·
Registered
2022 Polaris General 1000 Premium
199 Posts
I upgraded my 2021 General Deluxe to 30" tires on 14x7 rims (30x10 Carnivore tires on STI HD9 Beadlock rims). I also changed out the stock a arms to the Super ATV high clearance arms. If i were to do it again, I would do the same (i.e., 30" tires, new 14x7 rims) but I would only put the high clearance a arms on the front (better clearance for the larger tires). Swapping the rear a arms requires new axels in addition to the a arms for what is mostly an ascetics upgrade. Basically, it wasn't worth the money. As for the weakness of the SuperATV a arms, I totally disagree. SuperATV will also replace them if they fail.
Sunvalley, I have to go with the rest about the satv arms, I love there stuff and spend way too much money there, but we ride with 3 machines with those arms and 2 of them have already failed, the weak link is the adjustments, it will crack there, superatv said a couple years ago they had it fixed, but happened last fall with a 21 general riding with us. And we are all older, we don't ride hard.,
So just a warning, keep a eye on them👍

·
Registered
79 Posts
Sunvalley, I have to go with the rest about the satv arms, I love there stuff and spend way too much money there, but we ride with 3 machines with those arms and 2 of them have already failed, the weak link is the adjustments, it will crack there, superatv said a couple years ago they had it fixed, but happened last fall with a 21 general riding with us. And we are all older, we don't ride hard.,
So just a warning, keep a eye on them👍
i'll definitely keep an eye on them. Thanks

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Here’s my two pesos worth
Your selection of what tire you run should be site specific. When asking questions about tires let the forum members know where you ride, the typical type of terrain you like riding on. There are many tire manufacturers out there and they each have their strengths and weaknesses pertaining to the terrain you ride on. Finding the right tire for your terrain and driving style makes a big difference.

Cheers Baja Charlie

·
Registered
2022 Polaris General XP 4 1000 with Ride Command
3 Posts
HELP, I've read a ton of feeds on here. I have a 22 Polaris General 4 Deluxe, all I want is to do with my General is add bigger tires and wheels all the way around so I can ride some trails and get to hunting spots. 28, 29, or 30 no bigger on 14" wheels. Any suggestions or ideas? I'd like an AT tire not too aggressive, something for trails with some rocks, little mud. You don't have to recommend a specific tire or anything. Do I need to add front and rear A-Arms or portals to go up to these size tires on a 14-inch rim? I ride mostly like Brimstone, Windrock, or Hatfield trails.

Or could you point me in the right direction?
Thanks in advance
This is the set-up I went with on my 2022 General XP 4 Deluxe with Ride Command. 32x10-15 Carnivore on Motosport Alloys M40 Rogue Satin Black/Titanium Tint I was able to find them at Rocky Mountain Offroad. These guys are awesome!! Customer Service and delivery is awesome!!
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

1 - 11 of 11 Posts