Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering installing 4 point seat belts on my xp-4. Any idea how you find someone to do the upgrade? Not a dealer. How do you search for people who have shops that do this type of work. I hope this doesn’t sound stupid

·
Registered
968 Posts
What?????
There are tons of four point or five point seat belt manufacturers. It’s about a fifteen minute install per seat but remember you will need the jumper thingy that plugs into your driver side seat belt in order to run your rig
Here’s a list of belts to look at:
  • Simpson’s
  • PRP
  • Dragon fire
I’m sure they’re others but I run PRP’s and i added the fifth belt to keep the shoulder belts where they need to be
Good luck

Cheers Baja Charlie

·
Registered
854 Posts
I am considering installing 4 point seat belts on my xp-4. Any idea how you find someone to do the upgrade? Not a dealer. How do you search for people who have shops that do this type of work. I hope this doesn’t sound stupid
Pretty easy on a 4-seater. Dragonfire makes a bracket that attaches to the round bar behind the seats.

But as BC noted, unless you have seats with pass-throughs, you will need a strap to keep them together.

·
Registered
2019 general base model
11 Posts
I installed proarmour 4 point took me anout 30mins to do. If your willing to cut your factory seat belt buckle wire you can make your own jumper.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the responses. The reason I asked about how you find a shop is I plan on riding with my young grandchildren and I didn’t want to mess something up to risk their safety and if it only takes 1-2 hours to do the four seater I would be willing to pay for that piece of mind. Plus I need to figure out is the youth systems much different in fit then adult systems

Thanks

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
For the adult sets...make the shoulder harness part easy by getting a set of Dragonfire Racing "UTV Harness Mounting" kits below.

This is the plug you need to use harnesses.

Take a look at their website Safety | DragonFire Racing
for lots of safety equipment. You can look up what you need or have the person that's going to install them look up what's needed.
I use their Harnesses too.

Pirate

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
For the adult sets...make the shoulder harness part easy by getting a set of Dragonfire Racing "UTV Harness Mounting" kits below.
View attachment 67541
This is the plug you need to use harnesses.

View attachment 67542
Take a look at their website Safety | DragonFire Racing
for lots of safety equipment. You can look up what you need or have the person that's going to install them look up what's needed.
I use their Harnesses too.

Pirate
If I read the web site correct I need two bracket kits per seat? Why would you sell a half a kit for a harness install. Thanks for info, I need to pull the plug and order, I put my 4 year old grandson in back seat with oem belt and didn’t like how it could slip around.

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
No, one set of the anchors goes behind each seat. It has two eyebolts, each gets a clip and each holds one shoulder harness.
Thus it's one set per seat.

I believe they make a harness set designed to hold a child seat in place and an infant in place. That is why I recommended giving them a call.

I have used their equipment on both my Polaris machines and won't go anywhere else.

Pirate

1 - 8 of 8 Posts