Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a new 2021 General XP, and the first thing I did before putting any miles on it was to get into a set of tires that I could use in my part of the country for the hard pack and road riding we do. I like using a standard 4 tire rotation as well. Quadboss recently came out with a new tire that looked great, but there wasn't much information. I put a set of QBT-808, 30x10-15 tires all around and couldn't be happier so far. Put on about 300 miles, so it's too early to see how these will wear. What I like most is how nice the tires hug into corners. Feels like it's grabbing the road so there is no top end sway. Also very quiet.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,002 Posts
That is a good looking tire!

·
Registered
2021 General 1000 Deluxe
195 Posts
Very Nice. I love your color scheme. Tires look great too.
My machine has stock tires so far, which i thought were Maxxis Carnivores, closer look and they are actually Maxxis Coronado's, only 225 Km on them so see how they perform. They are great in the snow. Which we just got plenty of.
Snow Building Window Plant Shade

·
Registered
42 Posts
Just got a new 2021 General XP, and the first thing I did before putting any miles on it was to get into a set of tires that I could use in my part of the country for the hard pack and road riding we do. I like using a standard 4 tire rotation as well. Quadboss recently came out with a new tire that looked great, but there wasn't much information. I put a set of QBT-808, 30x10-15 tires all around and couldn't be happier so far. Put on about 300 miles, so it's too early to see how these will wear. What I like most is how nice the tires hug into corners. Feels like it's grabbing the road so there is no top end sway. Also very quiet.
[
Just got a new 2021 General XP, and the first thing I did before putting any miles on it was to get into a set of tires that I could use in my part of the country for the hard pack and road riding we do. I like using a standard 4 tire rotation as well. Quadboss recently came out with a new tire that looked great, but there wasn't much information. I put a set of QBT-808, 30x10-15 tires all around and couldn't be happier so far. Put on about 300 miles, so it's too early to see how these will wear. What I like most is how nice the tires hug into corners. Feels like it's grabbing the road so there is no top end sway. Al

·
Registered
42 Posts
What is the Actual tire mounted Height?

·
Registered
2017 General 4
418 Posts
I just ordered a set of four Quadboss 808 tires for a great price($665) at this site. QuadBoss QBT808 Radial Utility 32x10-14 Front/Rear 8 Ply Tire (609796)

I've been running the same size in the EFX MotoClaw tire which is a great tire but couldn't pass up the Quadboss 808 for the price.. The EFX MotoClaw runs $980 for four.

Both are 8 ply D.O.T. approved.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Very nice looking tire and has sidewall lugs too! (y)

Reactions: RAB005

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hey Udel, great looking ride! I stumbled across your 2017 on 32s and loved the look. Any reason you opted for 30s this time around? Any issues with the 32s that you wanted to steer clear from on this one? Love both machines!

·
Registered
3 Posts

·
Registered
2021 General XP Super Graphite
51 Posts
Hey Udel, great looking ride! I stumbled across your 2017 on 32s and loved the look. Any reason you opted for 30s this time around? Any issues with the 32s that you wanted to steer clear from on this one? Love both machines!
Nice post, your machine looks great. Did you notice much power loss going to the 30s?
The XP'S come with 30" tires.. he didn't change tire size...

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

The Confusion.
He HAD a 2017 General with 32"
I finally made up my mind on the tires. I decided on the 32x10-14 STI X-Comps.
Posted pics of 2021General XP with new 30" QBT808's, and was asked why not 32's like he had on the 2017.

·
Registered
156 Posts
The tires look great and you have a nice looking machine. How do those tires work,are they’re pretty good in all conditions?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sorry for the long delay. I haven't been on the forum for quite some time. I loved the look of the 32's on that machine, more than I like the looks of the 30's on my new one. That particular tire was a 10 ply tire, and heavy. I had also put Super ATV A-arms all around that machine, with a leveling kit in the front. The combination of all those things made for a rough riding machine. It was beating my machine and me up when I was in rough terrain. I decided to stay with a 30 tire on the new one to take some of the stress off the suspension, and for a smoother ride.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Udel ? kinda mirrows are those and did they come with the mounts ? Nice looking tire
They are ATV TEK mirrors. They were expensive. I liked the looks of them, so I splurged. But they vibrated terribly until I fabricated an additional bracket that I used with the mounting bracket that came from ATV TEK. I wouldn't recommend the mirror unless you do what I did regarding an additional mounting bracket. I will go back to Seizmiks on any new machines.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The tires look great and you have a nice looking machine. How do those tires work,are they’re pretty good in all conditions?
I would say that snow is their weak point, but I don't do much snow trail riding. I like them a lot for everything else. I also have 4500+ miles on them, and you would think they are new. I rotate every 1000 miles, and they are holding up incredibly well.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.