Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my general a few weeks ago. I haven't had it out on any rides yet but I have been upgrading it.
It's predecessor is a 2013 RZR 800 S. I pretty much decked it out. Radio, Ryfab box, Walker Evans shocks, lights, whips, tires, wheels, seats, winch, etc.
It has been an extremely reliable ride. I do a bit of everything: trail ride, rock climb, desert ride and mud ride.
A group of us go out to Terlingua, Texas once or twice a year and do a good bit or desert riding. We average about 400 miles per 5 day trip.
One of my favorite places is Hidden Falls Adventure Park in Marble Falls, Texas. A good bit of trails, some hellacious rock crawling and a very clean park.
I do occasionally mud ride but I have grown tired of having to clean my atv for hours afterwards. I still go to some events and parks.but its rare. I made it to Mud nationals this year, that was a hoot! But that's also when I wished I had more power.
Now enter the General!
So far I really like it!
I already have a roof and wetsounds bar from the dealer. I didn't like the sound alone so I fabbed a bracket to hold a 10" sub in the back off the bed about 6". Is the speaker waterproof? NOPE! but it was 98 bucks, so lets see how long it lasts!
I am currently replacing the winch cable with synthetic, adding cube lights, installing the rest of the rocker switches, a fuse buss and of course running all the wires. (I will need to either find a parking brake or modify one myself too)
My highlifter snorkel kit came in, but I am going to wait on installing that for a little bit. Just hate cutting into a 2 week old ATV :frown2:

The ride is on par or maybe even better than the rzr which I was surprised. When I put the walker evans shocks on the rzr, it was a night and day difference in west Texas. I floated over so much more of the terrain. But we shall see, I will only truly know once I get it on a desert ride.

On another note, according to the speedo I have taken it up to 72mph on a very slight uphill.

I am getting annoyed at the lack of accessories(yes I know it's new). Heck I have a roof on mine that you can tell something mounts up there but I can't find anything about it!
I hear the suspension and drive train of this thing is basically a Rzr1000S...so does that mean lots of things will fit between those two? hmm?

I shall share any good info I have with the forum!
Ride on!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,175 Posts
Welcome to the site Whytezombie! and to General ownership looks like you have a great start! lookin good!

·
1,563 Posts
If you can't read it.
5814330. Roof liner
7519045. Screws 14x3/4. These are for the liner inside. I put SS washers behind them because they will pull through the liner.
7519650. M6x1.0x25. These are the same screws that hold the visor to the stereo. i used the ones already there. But now I have spares.
7547674. These are the extruded u-nuts used on the stereo. Didn't need them either. Went in the spare parts box also.
The installation would eat up a lot of space here. In short I cut off the front portion of the liner as I would have had to remove the stereo, visor and windshield to install it. In my application it served no purpose. I trimmed it off and slipped it between the stereo and visor like it normally would go and fastened it the way it is supposed to be fastened. I'll post some pics. It looks good but that's about it. Could be a bugger to keep clean. I bought it to check clearances for a project I'm working on. Otherwise it's just one more thing to keep clean.

·
Super Moderator
4,175 Posts
Thanks Alaskan47

·
Registered
11 Posts
How is the liner holding up? Does it help cut down the noise? The General is way too noisy for me. Before someone says it, yes I am too old but there is nothing I can do about that.....lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts