Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
1,563 Posts
Welcome Tomcatg! Sounds like your describing me!

Reactions: Tomcatg

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
At 150 miles now and still very happy with the machine... I did swap out tires and wheels with an xp buddy and what a huge difference that made with the added clearance and better bite of the big horns. I'm going to make that a perminit fixture

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for everyone welcoming me into your group...I'll havta look into how to post pics and tag people

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Alaskan 47 you said it sounded like I was describing you..do you rack a few miles also? What kind of mods and accessories have you done?

·
Registered
223 Posts
At 150 miles now and still very happy with the machine... I did swap out tires and wheels with an xp buddy and what a huge difference that made with the added clearance and better bite of the big horns. I'm going to make that a perminit fixture
Original Bighorn are great tires. The 2.0 version suck bad.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I agree 100% about the 2.0s. The added clearance of the original big horns and lower tire pressure that I can run now make the new general a beast.

·
1,563 Posts
I have had my new general deluxe for a month now with just over 100 miles on the machine. I have never been this satisfied with a side by side. In my opinion it does every thing well....not great but very well. New member here glad to join your group
HA! the does everything well but not great part! :laugh:

Reactions: Trapper

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You know the deal..trying to find the biggest bang for the buck. I don't wanna be the fastest if it means I'm always working on it...don't wanna be the best at any one thing...if I'm always working on it...I just want to play and have fun ...and be in the top half of the group:)

·
Registered
223 Posts
You know the deal..trying to find the biggest bang for the buck. I don't wanna be the fastest if it means I'm always working on it...don't wanna be the best at any one thing...if I'm always working on it...I just want to play and have fun ...and be in the top half of the group:)
10-4 Tomcat, can't agree more. My Commanders are all stock except for tires/wheels and clutch kit. I literally have only broke down once and that was my fault. Now, any of my buddies that had engine or suspension mods eventually broke down.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I would be very interested to know what accessories or mods done to the general people liked or disliked.
Mine is the deluxe model with fold out windshield, back glass is plastic "in case something in the bed trys to bounce through it' and still waiting on vented windows.
Of those accessories the fold out windshield could have been better secured in my opinion. I read here in the forum that Alaskan47 has already made a custom mount for his. So I must not be the only one that thought that

So what are some other issues good or bad that my fellow general riders are experiencing?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts