Polaris General Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2022 G2 XP RC
300 Posts
I'm sure they have the ability to do that, someone has to eat that cost. In my case it was passed onto me. Most places won't eat it and i don't blame them really. A business is meant to make money unfortunately.
Agree that a business should be able to make a profit, however, at what point do you as the customer draw the line? 10%, 20%, 30%? It currently shows your delivery being "before" the increase. If Polaris misses the window, it's not your fault but you say you're ok with eating the cost? This attitude of it's no big deal is exactly why companies are passing the fees onto customers in these situations. What if you were building a home and already signed a contract for the home to be built at a specific cost, then at closing they ask for an additional $50,000 because material prices increased during the build - would you be ok with that too (let's assume the contract didn't have a variable cost clause)? These are real things that have happened to people. The dealerships are in a bad position no doubt, they want to stay loyal to the customers but they need to stay in business. They really should be pushing back to Polaris corp IMO. The General lineup has already received the highest percentage increase in price across the board.

·
Registered
2022 General XP 1000 Deluxe
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Agree that a business should be able to make a profit, however, at what point do you as the customer draw the line? 10%, 20%, 30%? It currently shows your delivery being "before" the increase. If Polaris misses the window, it's not your fault but you say you're ok with eating the cost? This attitude of it's no big deal is exactly why companies are passing the fees onto customers in these situations. What if you were building a home and already signed a contract for the home to be built at a specific cost, then at closing they ask for an additional $50,000 because material prices increased during the build - would you be ok with that too (let's assume the contract didn't have a variable cost clause)? These are real things that have happened to people. The dealerships are in a bad position no doubt, they want to stay loyal to the customers but they need to stay in business. They really should be pushing back to Polaris corp IMO. The General lineup has already received the highest percentage increase in price across the board.
Hey I agree with you man but at the end of the day this toy that i'm getting is already more expensive then what its worth IMO. Its just a toy I want that i'm able to afford now. Cost of everything is higher right now, some things more than others. It pisses me off to no end and but dammit I want this thing really badly so i'm gonna take the hit! The majority of people don't know much about finance in general so it doesn't take much to f*ck people over. The first rec vehicle i had was a 660 rapter and I got it for like at 18.99 interest rate. I was a kid with no concept of money and obviously my uncle wasn't either who cosigned for it lol. Lesson learned!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I ordered my G2 in November with a "ship" date from mid Feb to end of March. I was lucky enough to go on-line and check other dealers and found the exact model I wanted that had just been cancelled by the original buyer. My dealer had it transferred to his location. Polaris wanted to charge the increase but my dealer honored my original price. Some dealers take advantage and some are more honorable.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts