Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2022 General XP 1000 Deluxe
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Considering how long most of you have waited to get your rides, I'm surprised that i've been given a shipping date of early Feb/Late March. I hope this is the case, so that i don't get hit with the 5% increase. They may just be blowing smoke up my ass though. I guess we'll see!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,633 Posts
So you are going with a G2 XP?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yeah, I was told machines delivered after then will be subject to price increase but I cannot fathom a company charging you more for something you have been waiting on for a year. It seems like it would be incredibly bad PR to not give people who ordered last year the price that was promised....

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I was told machines delivered after then will be subject to price increase but I cannot fathom a company charging you more for something you have been waiting on for a year. It seems like it would be incredibly bad PR to not give people who ordered last year the price that was promised....
I know for a fact they're still going to charge the increase. They've done it once already. My dealer told me he had to call multiple people who had pre ordered already that they would be getting charged extra. Some kept their orders and others took the money they put down and said **** it. Its also ****** that they are charging a % vs a flat rate. Its a skeevy way to run a business.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I know for a fact they're still going to charge the increase. They've done it once already. My dealer told me he had to call multiple people who had pre ordered already that they would be getting charged extra. Some kept their orders and others took the money they put down and said ** it. Its also **** that they are charging a % vs a flat rate. Its a skeevy way to run a business.
If they try that on me I will be raising **** on the phone to them. It's unacceptable. It's not our fault its taking so long.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If they try that on me I will be raising **** on the phone to them. It's unacceptable. It's not our fault its taking so long.
Expect that to be the case if it goes past April.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
🤔 Not much incentive for them to ship them prior then.....
Do they really have to play nice though? They can't keep anything on the floor for any period of time and preorders are maxed out. Pandemic or not people are buying.

·
Registered
2022 G2 XP RC
295 Posts
For this last big price increase Polaris corp made a statement that existing orders (pre-orders) would not be subject to the MSRP increases. So far that has been true, the dealers have kept the original pricing for those of us that took delivery after the price increase (me included). The only exception to that is the logistics surcharge that is now $400, it is something that was increased and they can charge you with. Price increases have become a hot topic on here over the last year, there are other threads discussing it. Your dealer should have provided you with pricing when you ordered, keep that estimate/quote/invoice. Once your dealer receives the vehicle they will generate a new invoice that has the VIN, hopefully pricing will be what they originally quoted you.

As far as your order time frame, it is probably fairly accurate for now (that's all they can go off of) but supply chains can get disrupted any time and this could easily get pushed back. You can use other similar industries to get a pulse on things (auto dealers, steel yards, tire shops, etc). Polaris seems to be catching up on the orders and it's finally not completely uncommon to see a dealer have one on hand.

G2 orders haven't been taking as long as G4's from what we've seen, and I'm assuming yours doesn't have Ride Command which is probably another thing in your favor for fulfilling the order more quickly.

·
Registered
25 Posts
For this last big price increase Polaris corp made a statement that existing orders (pre-orders) would not be subject to the MSRP increases. So far that has been true, the dealers have kept the original pricing for those of us that took delivery after the price increase (me included). The only exception to that is the logistics surcharge that is now $400, it is something that was increased and they can charge you with. Price increases have become a hot topic on here over the last year, there are other threads discussing it. Your dealer should have provided you with pricing when you ordered, keep that estimate/quote/invoice. Once your dealer receives the vehicle they will generate a new invoice that has the VIN, hopefully pricing will be what they originally quoted you.

As far as your order time frame, it is probably fairly accurate for now (that's all they can go off of) but supply chains can get disrupted any time and this could easily get pushed back. You can use other similar industries to get a pulse on things (auto dealers, steel yards, tire shops, etc). Polaris seems to be catching up on the orders and it's finally not completely uncommon to see a dealer have one on hand.

G2 orders haven't been taking as long as G4's from what we've seen, and I'm assuming yours doesn't have Ride Command which is probably another thing in your favor for fulfilling the order more quickly.
I've got a G4 no rc on order since early July. Window is late Feb-April right now. Actually beyond this op's new orders current estimate so it confirms what your saying.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

If my preorder doesn't SHIP (being the key word) before before the end of april i will 100% be charged an additional fee up to 5%. This is a fact.

·
Registered
2022 G2 XP RC
295 Posts
If my preorder doesn't SHIP (being the key word) before before the end of april i will 100% be charged an additional fee up to 5%. This is a fact.
This sounds like a dealer specific thing (or maybe a salesperson that might not be informed), were they actually able to reference and provide you with an official statement? I'd get another dealer opinion or talk to polaris directly if it were me. There have been plenty of others who have placed orders recently that have not been told this, there's a chance you're being suckered.

·
Registered
2022 Xp 4
56 Posts
Sounds like the dealer trying to pull a fast one on you . I ordered my G4 RC late July , and polaris is saying June delivery . My dealer told me they are 100% honoring the price at order .

·
Registered
2022 general XP on the way
471 Posts
This doesnt sound right at all... it actually goes 100% AGAINST everything I've seen on here AND what I was promised. I ordered my 22 BEFORE the first price hike a few months ago. My dealer honored the original price, i aldo had an agreed price quote printed off gor myself. Sounds like you have a very shady dealer and I would contact polaris directly and see once what they say. If they differ from what the dealership says, I would immediately throw them under the bus and report that shady dealer. No one needs to deal with them if they're like that...

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
This doesnt sound right at all... it actually goes 100% AGAINST everything I've seen on here AND what I was promised. I ordered my 22 BEFORE the first price hike a few months ago. My dealer honored the original price, i aldo had an agreed price quote printed off gor myself. Sounds like you have a very shady dealer and I would contact polaris directly and see once what they say. If they differ from what the dealership says, I would immediately throw them under the bus and report that shady dealer. No one needs to deal with them if they're like that...

I IM'd their facebook page which they responded quickly but haven't responded to my question yet. Trying to call but i'm also not getting through. I think they may still be closed.. time zone difference.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

I just spoke with someone from Polaris that pulled up current documentation for what they are doing as of now. If you preordered prior to Nov 1st 2021 that price is fixed and isn't going to change. If you ordered after that and your ride doesn't ship before the 31st of March you are subject to potential (highly likely) up to 5% charge of the purchase price. So its actually sooner then previously mentioned. If you heard otherwise then you were not given accurate information.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I just spoke with someone from Polaris that pulled up current documentation for what they are doing as of now. If you preordered prior to Nov 1st 2021 that price is fixed and isn't going to change. If you ordered after that and your ride doesn't ship before the 31st of March you are subject to potential (highly likely) up to 5% charge of the purchase price. So its actually sooner then previously mentioned. If you heard otherwise then you were not given accurate information.
This would make a lot of sense as it aligns with when they froze new orders. They need to do a better job at communicating the plan to people and dealers.

·
Registered
2022 G2 XP RC
295 Posts
The owner of my local family owned/operated dealer explained to me that they get hit with the increased invoice to Polaris corp even though they were still honoring the price when the order was placed. This makes sense because when you look at the invoice sheet for the lienholder the MSRP shows the price after the increase (this actually benefits you because it makes the loan to value look better to the bank). This is also why you see more dealers charging fees where maybe the same dealer in the past didn't charge those fees. I'm speculating that it's up to the dealer as to if they pass on the increase or not. With that said, most dealers should still be able to either guarantee one way or another that the increase will be passed on, or it will not. The idea of, "potentially, highly likely, etc" based on the way the wind blows is not a good way of doing business when you're talking about a potential increase of over $1,200. I would bet that the dealer you are working with is not a high volume dealer so they most likely will find a way to make up the difference - the fact that they told you they had to make calls informing customers of an increase reinforces this assumption. If you were to talk to someone like i69 motorsports (high volume dealer) you would probably get a more straightforward answer and no increase in price.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The owner of my local family owned/operated dealer explained to me that they get hit with the increased invoice to Polaris corp even though they were still honoring the price when the order was placed. This makes sense because when you look at the invoice sheet for the lienholder the MSRP shows the price after the increase (this actually benefits you because it makes the loan to value look better to the bank). This is also why you see more dealers charging fees where maybe the same dealer in the past didn't charge those fees. I'm speculating that it's up to the dealer as to if they pass on the increase or not. With that said, most dealers should still be able to either guarantee one way or another that the increase will be passed on, or it will not. The idea of, "potentially, highly likely, etc" based on the way the wind blows is not a good way of doing business when you're talking about a potential increase of over $1,200. I would bet that the dealer you are working with is not a high volume dealer so they most likely will find a way to make up the difference - the fact that they told you they had to make calls informing customers of an increase reinforces this assumption. If you were to talk to someone like i69 motorsports (high volume dealer) you would probably get a more straightforward answer and no increase in price.
I'm sure they have the ability to do that, someone has to eat that cost. In my case it was passed onto me. Most places won't eat it and i don't blame them really. A business is meant to make money unfortunately.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts