Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, thought I'd introduce myself. Just traded my 2012 Teryx 4 for a 2016 Polaris General Deluxe! The General should be here in a couple of weeks. I upgraded the Teryx 4 for several reasons as follows:
1) Cab noise - really loud inside the cab! I enclosed the cab in the winter and it was even worse. Tried the "Rattle trap" to insulate the sound ( it helped slightly).
2) Snow tracks - I've been running Camoplast snow tracks on my T4 and it's been a lot of fun. However the T4 only has 54 hp and it's really hard on it to turn those tracks. The power to weight ratio and torque of the General should be a significant improvement for the running the tracks. A lot of times you need speed / momentum to make it to the top of a hill!
3) Drive belt replacement / maintenance - I replaced the drive belt in my T4 and it took over 2 hrs! Had to remove the gas tank, the passengers seat, interior engine cowling / plastics just get at the engine!! Then you remove both the secondary and primary clutch simultaneously to get the belt off. Need a torque wrench and special clutch holders to accomplish the task. This isn't a good system when your belt breaks up in the mountains!!

Looking forward to my first ride in the new General!! I hope to talk to the other owners with snow tracks!

Jerry

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Is it just me or is the time zone on this forum in Europe?? I'm on Pacific time and it seems to be about 8 hrs ahead of my time zone??

·
Registered
59 Posts
Is it just me or is the time zone on this forum in Europe?? I'm on Pacific time and it seems to be about 8 hrs ahead of my time zone??

On the header bar at top of page, click on tools, user cp, then on left side of option list find settings and options section, click on edit options. scroll down the options till you find the time setting section and you can set to Pacific time.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I to came from a T4:grin2: It was a tank and a great rock crawler! But yes it was a pig when it came to power:frown2: You made an awesome decision and are truly gonna chit yerself when ya get to drive the General:grin2: It's like getting off a moped and hopping on a sport bike.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah my T4 was a Tank lol. Especially with the tracks on! I was always the one in front making the trail :)

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well it looks like I've got a long wait!! My dealer Mainjet in Nelson, BC can't get a deluxe until Mid April or possible the end of April. According to his rep, this machine has been so successful that they can't keep up with production!! Kind of sucks because I traded off my Teryx as down payment 2 weeks ago. Good things come to those who wait I guess lol.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts