Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone I just received my new General last week. I have a few questions in regards to some minor issues. First are the adjustment of the doors the passenger side can only be opened from the outside and the dealer said that it's as good as it can get. Second is the reverse sometimes you have to go from park to reverse several times before it engage. And lastly at around 30 MPH you can here a growling or chattering is that normal ? This is my 4th Polaris UTV and I wouldnt buy anything else. Thanks for any input

·
Registered
291 Posts
Take it back to the Dealer and have them fix it. The inside door handle is there for a reason, to open the door and it doesn't work! As for the reverse issue, the shifter cable is prolly out of adjustment and could also cause the growling noise if the tranny is in between or not fully in gear.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Make them warranty the door if there is not enough adjustment to correct the problem.
Any issues you have should be addressed ASAP or they could become your problems.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Indeed, take it back to the dealer. Do keep us posted on how things go. Was your initial experience with them at least good? That would slightly indicator how future interactions might be.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I adjusted the door myself which took 5 minutes or less. The dealer themselves are pretty descent but the mechanics are another story. The dealer will eventually correct your problems after they get several chances to get it correct.

·
1,563 Posts
Welcome Weldit2! Up here the dealer charges 120.00 hrly rate. Forces one to take things into his own hands. I have had to correct a bunch of issues, and it has allowed me to understand the machine more which will pay dividends in the long run. I have learned from these great guys here and I hope I have helped them.
Welcome.

Reactions: Weldit2

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
welcome Weldit!2 seams all doors have to be aligned I am going to buy that warranty before my 6 months my dealer charges 120.00 hrly rate also

·
Registered
223 Posts
I would also take it to the dealer and have them investigate the Tranny. I posted on another thread that they had some bad issues with reverse chains on the 1000 RZR's. Some lost total tranny's

Reactions: Trapper
1 - 9 of 9 Posts