Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
2023 Polaris General XP 1000 Ultimate
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took delivery of my new General a couple days ago. I had been waiting a year for the Ranger Kinetics to come in but got tired of waiting with no ETA in sight. The new gray color and a $1,000 rebate got me to pull the trigger on the General. It has been raining constantly so I have not had it out of the garage yet other than a spin around the neighborhood right after it was delivered. I think the dealer had been working on putting it together for 3 weeks, mainly waiting for parts to come in. My first impression is that I need to work on quieting it down. I am looking into the HMF Twin Loop exhaust that is supposed to quiet it down by 10 db with no power loss and no re-tuning required. Anyone else tried these? Then I plan to look into some sound deadening material behind the seats. I already got the headliner. Next I need to figure out how to sync my iPod Nano 7th Gen. It tries to sync but just won't hook up. Any suggestions? I was able to sync my phone but I am not sure of the purpose as it appears to have limited functions. It looks like it only serves as a dialer since there is no microphone and you have to use the handset to hear anything. Am I missing something? Is it intended to be used mainly with a headset? I like the 10" Rigid Drive/Spot combo light and the Rigid mirrors with lights that I put on it. The heater works well but is also noisy. I like the removable side windows but am having to modify a filler piece near the mirrors that could not be installed by the dealer because of the mirror mount. The dealer recommended Dragonfire LED whips but they do not appear to be programmable like I had hoped. I am planning to take it out next weekend and start breaking it in. Can anyone in Payson suggest any trails that I should go check out?
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Plant
Vehicle Tire Wheel Plant Car

· Registered
2020XP4
2,486 Posts
I don't have ride command. Most use their phones as their media device these days. The phone, someone will correct me if I'm wrong, gives addition connectivity to the ride command system. You could use the Seizmik mirror brackets that mount to the cage bolts instead of clamping on.

· Registered
2020 general XP
252 Posts
Welcome, from Eastern AZ!

I connect my phone, only function I use it for us music. Even if there was a mic I think the machines way to loud to hear anything, going to have to stop and talk anyways so you might as well grab the phone and use it…

gonna need that heater with all this snow coming through az recently, enjoy!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts