Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Polaris General EPS Deluxe
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! Just reluctantly (somewhat ;) ) purchased my first sxs. I've had atv's and dirtbikes my entire life. I have done alot of research and landed on the general deluxe in titanium and blue. Used 2019 with 600 miles. Being a hunter and family man, who does enjoy riding and messing around, it seemed like the most practical yet still fun sxs I could have chosen. It was between the general and the commander 1000r. But the deal breaker for me was the lack of easy accessibility to the engine and clutch housing on the commander, noise and heat. I was always a yamaha / honda guy for atvs etc and was tough to make the switch. Is there anything in particular I should keep my eyes on or take extra care in maintaining / greasing? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Greetings from AZ.
Keep an eye on everything!
Thanks for the reply!
I've been doing some reading on this forum and other sites,( alot of awesome stuff on here) guys are saying to keep the clutches clean and blown out, as well to especially watch the rear diff with that "turf mode". Have you or anyone had any issues with the turf mode? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
Howdy from AZ and welcome.

HunterWorks rollers for your secondary IF they aren't already installed by previous owner.

GrizzzTek's radiator, gas tank, and battery guard are also a must. At the very least the radiator guard. His full meal deal is really the way to go.

Enjoy your General !

Reactions: Deeps

·
Premium Member
1,434 Posts
Greetings from the West Texas town of El Paso! I would also say to keep the prop shaft greased, at the tranny, and joints in the middle. The 2 seat is a two piece and the four seat is a three piece shaft. I'd also grease the wheel bearings, there is a special tool for this. Second the previous posts. Enjoy

·
Registered
99 Posts
Welcome from the Oregon coast. You're going to thoroughly enjoy the machine. Everyone had excellent advice. Maybe the most important thing to keep in mind is to be in low gear when going slowly. If crawling over rocks, etc in high gear, you're slipping your clutch. This is how you fry your belt. If you're lucky enough to make it home, you have caused terminal damage to your belt. May the Force be with you!

·
Registered
2019 Polaris General Premium
107 Posts
@Deeps Welcome fellow Canadian, all above are great tips, I would suggest going through the owners manual mostly just provides peace of mind that you are doing things correct and a few tips on how to avoid damage. Visit Polaris, Yamaha and Can AM Clutching for some great info on everything from the all important new design rollers to save your factory clutch, belt info and clutch info. Great resource. Enjoy and welcome great community here!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thankyou all very much for all of the helpful tips! I will be looking into hunterworks stuff. I've watched a few videos. He seems to be a very knowledgeable, honest individual, which goes miles with me. Many polaris guys swear by his stuff. I'm going to go through the bike with a fine tooth comb and see what has been done, as well as what I am going to do.
It's a pleasure to be a part of this forum, hopefully I can eventually help out with some stuff!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Welcome from Utah! The General is a great hunting vehicle. Factory UTV Skid Plate is a great accessory and the GrizzzTek guards that @Johnny 7 mentioned are a must for keeping the mud and debris from caking on the skid plate.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Welcome from Utah! The General is a great hunting vehicle. Factory UTV Skid Plate is a great accessory and the GrizzzTek guards that @Johnny 7 mentioned are a must for keeping the mud and debris from caking on the skid plate.
I did some digging on the machine and it definitely has the entire skid plate underneath. Its poly or some type of plastic but it completely covers the bottom. Where would I go about getting those GrizzTeks? (Website i presume) Keeping in mind I'm in Canada and our dollar is around .74$ to USD.
Thanks!

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
Do a search. Randy (GrizzzTek) is out of Alaska.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
107 Posts
@Deeps I have seen them for sale through some Canadian utv accessory places I'm assuming they would be authorized dealers? Also I have contacted Randy through his site and had a few questions regarding Canadian folks and he said he can deal direct as well! Either way you can get fixed up with a great product to protect and add ease of cleanup!

·
Registered
107 Posts
@Deeps also keep in mind there is a factory "skid plate" but as per others (thankfully not me) it isn't very strong or durable! Hopefully yours already has the full replacement version already!
Example:

·
Super Moderator
4,165 Posts
Welcome to the site and enjoy the General Deeps!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I did some digging on the machine and it definitely has the entire skid plate underneath. Its poly or some type of plastic but it completely covers the bottom. Where would I go about getting those GrizzTeks? (Website i presume) Keeping in mind I'm in Canada and our dollar is around .74$ to USD.
Thanks!
I live in alberta, just ordered the grizzztek fender flares and the full guard setup, was $625 cdn shipped, i believe the flares were $345 and guards were $280, very nice product, recieved yesterday, havent installed yet but very nice quality material used to manufacture

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
After my ride today in the snow, I can see now how useful the guards would be!! Quite a bit of snow collecting where those inner fender guards would protect it.
Thankyou

·
Registered
39 Posts
I live in alberta, just ordered the grizzztek fender flares and the full guard setup, was $625 cdn shipped, i believe the flares were $345 and guards were $280, very nice product, recieved yesterday, havent installed yet but very nice quality material used to manufacture

@tmo1620 take a few shots of the general with the fender flares installed as i was thinking of getting those too. I have ordered the Grizztek protection guards and hopefully receiving them soon.
@Deeps welcome from Alberta as well and hope you enjoy the site. Alot of smart peeps here with alot of information that has helped me alot so far.

·
Registered
28 Posts
@tmo1620 take a few shots of the general with the fender flares installed as i was thinking of getting those too. I have ordered the Grizztek protection guards and hopefully receiving them soon.
@Deeps welcome from Alberta as well and hope you enjoy the site. Alot of smart peeps here with alot of information that has helped me alot so far.
I can definitely do that for ya once i install them

1 - 20 of 20 Posts