Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2020 General 1000
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I am a new Polaris General owner from Finland. Just part-exchanged my old Ducati Monster for a 2020 General 1000, which is registered as a "farming tractor" under the EU legislation. It is thus OK to drive it on public roads with a tractor's driving license, which one can obtain here already 15yrs old. My daughter will use it for commuting to school and her hobbies and maybe I will also occasionally get the opportunity to go to the forest :)

The catch with this is, that the SxS UTV provides more comfortable means of commuting especially during the wintertime with a heated cabin, than a moped or a motorcycle. The downside with the tractor registration is then, that the speed is electronically limited to ca. 38mph (60 kph).

·
Registered
2020 General 4 1000, SuperATV 3” lift, Quad Boss 2” wheel spacers, Hunterworks rollers and belt
520 Posts
Welcome from mid-Missouri, USA! I would have loved it if I could have had a General to take to school when I was a kid! Lol

·
Registered
2021 General 1000 Deluxe
122 Posts
Welcome. From Canada. so is the speed limited with a electronic device or self regulated?

·
Registered
2020 General 1000
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Apparently it is limited by the ECU software. You'd guess how well the self-regulation would work with eager-to-drive-flat-out-everywhere 15 year olds ;)

·
Registered
174 Posts
Welcome to the forum, from the west Oregon town of Coos Bay. Give a big shout out to all of our friends in Finland!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts