Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
2022 Polaris General Trail Edition
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!
I sold my RZR and bought a General. I'm never lookin back. Now I have to outfit the general (Ratchet). I need to outfit with a spare tire and mount as well as a jack. I am looking for suggestions.
Tire Wheel Cloud Sky Vehicle

· Premium Member
2016 Polaris General Deluxe, 10% OEM
5,022 Posts
I'm with Coloradoguy1,
I carry a good plug kit, I carry a small nitrogen bottle with PowerTank regulator and hose and I stepped up and bought a ProEagle jack. I have a plastic box, Office Depot, that is 12"W x 14"L x 6"T
that fits nicely in the Polaris Cargo Box along with a Cabelas 2" diameter low pressure air gauge.. No need for a spare tire. In the 14 years I've had a Polaris UTV, RZR 800 then the General. I've had two flats. One I was really pissed and smacked a rock and put a three plug hole in the edge of the sidewall. Two, I scraped a supposedly good tire's sidewall and created a seven plug tear. Fixed both on the trail, finished the ride. Number two took a new tire, but I was able to get one at rally grounds.
Did I mention I carry a small can of starting fluid and two mall water tight containers of start anywhere matches?
Oh, and this Spring I added a BeadBuster in case I have to take a tire completely off my Bead Lock rim.

Most all of what I use my tire repair stuff for is helping others with tire issues! I don't leave anyone behind!!

Pirate

· Registered
2022 General 1000 XP4
33 Posts
I'm with Coloradoguy1,
I carry a good plug kit, I carry a small nitrogen bottle with PowerTank regulator and hose and I stepped up and bought a ProEagle jack. I have a plastic box, Office Depot, that is 12"W x 14"L x 6"T
that fits nicely in the Polaris Cargo Box along with a Cabelas 2" diameter low pressure air gauge.. No need for a spare tire. In the 14 years I've had a Polaris UTV, RZR 800 then the General. I've had two flats. One I was really pissed and smacked a rock and put a three plug hole in the edge of the sidewall. Two, I scraped a supposedly good tire's sidewall and created a seven plug tear. Fixed both on the trail, finished the ride. Number two took a new tire, but I was able to get one at rally grounds.
Did I mention I carry a small can of starting fluid and two mall water tight containers of start anywhere matches?
Oh, and this Spring I added a BeadBuster in case I have to take a tire completely off my Bead Lock rim.

Most all of what I use my tire repair stuff for is helping others with tire issues! I don't leave anyone behind!!

Pirate
Not trying to high-jack the thread but is there a "ready made" tire kit for UTV's out there that most folks use or do you put one together yourself? What is a good plug kit?
thanks,

· Registered
47 Posts
Only time I carry a spare is if we are on a "long distance" ride

Other than that, it is just a plug kit, a sidewall patch kit, and a M12 Milwaukee inflator. I always figure if we are riding a park, one of the others in my group can run back to base and grab the spare out of the truck if it is bad enough that I cant get it to hold air.

I carry this Plug Kit and Sidewall Patch for the sidewalls- used them once and they actually work

Funny part is I spent more time patching random peoples tires you come across on the trail than my own.

· Registered
937 Posts
.... Scissor jack from the junk yard is usually adequate.
When going this route get one from a small SUV not a small car. SUV jacks will tend to be a little taller. I recently used the bottle jack from a '17 Ram to fix a bent chain link fence gate...it has some impressive extension for being relatively short to begin with.

· Registered
47 Posts
That's what about 40lbs? Too much extra weight in my opinion. I have a winch, I shouldn't need a high lift for anything other than lifting. I know there's a million uses for them, but...
To each is there own. I would be shocked if it is 40lbs, but that is nothing to be able to have a tool to be able to winch out backward, use as a spreader if you need to bend things back to drivable locations, pull from more than one direction, like you said, million uses.

· Registered
2021 general deluxe, 2 seat
154 Posts
Hello all!
I sold my RZR and bought a General. I'm never lookin back. Now I have to outfit the general (Ratchet). I need to outfit with a spare tire and mount as well as a jack. I am looking for suggestions. View attachment 79344
Check out B's Fab. He has a mount that bolts to the box, box is fully operational. Tire is just below the top of the roof. It also gives you a place to mount your jack, fire extinguisher fuel can and so on.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts