Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. My name is Mike, and I started out planning to get a RZR, but after seeing the General, and some back and forth, I plan to get a General. Just waiting on some money to build up, and the base model to come out, because I like Red, and to leave some money on the table to personalize.
My last rec vehicle was a Honda 250EX years ago, and I really enjoyed getting out, and running some trails. Getting older, and having a wife, I figured a sxs would be a good way to get back out there, and let the wife tag along too. Really looking forward to it.

·
Vendor
1,563 Posts
Welcome MMX ! Your right, it will be a great way to share the day with the wife.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Welcome MMX, If you use to ride in the past then you will really enjoy riding in the General. It's comfortable, powerful and can go just about anywhere

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Welcome MMX that is why we bought so we could ride together and now with the heater and one day upper windows we can go out to dinner at night in the general.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I agree, my wife and I ride almost every weekend. It is great to have her enjoying the time with me. You and yours will as well buddy.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Welcome MMX! I my self have been torn between models and cannot make up my mind. I like the RZR Trail but no bed, considering a trailer (probably not), Full size 900, The General or a Itimidator 800.

·
Super Moderator
3,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the welcome guys. The waiting to get one is killing me. I want to ride!!!
I'll be getting out there soon enough, though, and it's going to be great.
Already have a plan for my first ride. Uwharrie National Forest, in Troy, NC. I've been there on an ATV, and in a truck, had a blast every time. Not that far away, so it makes a good day trip, and should be a good way to help break it in, fairly gently, as long as I stay off the tougher trails.

·
Registered
348 Posts
MMX welcome. glad to see more people getting out and riding it helps to keep the trails open. if i could make a suggestion i would wait three or four months so maybe polaris will fix some of the problems with them. all in all they are good bikes but there are a few small issues they need to work out first. just my thoughts. welcome again.

Reactions: MMX

·
Registered
14 Posts
Welcome MMX!! I'm convinced a bunch of male ATV executives were sitting around trying to think of how they could get our ladies more involved and they came up with SIDE BY SIDE. How romantic is that?? Worked for me, my wife loves to go with me and when we test drove them her face lit up with excitement.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts