Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I'm excited to find this forum and in fact this is the first forum I have ever joined. I have owned my General deluxe, which I added the glass front and rear windows, wiper/washer, heater kit, low profile rock sliders and 30" tires, for about three weeks now. I had the chance this last weekend to put about 100 hard miles on it in southern Utah and it performed beyond my expectations. I did find some minor flaws in some of the accessories for which I am currently working on fixes for and hope to share more info on these items and I'm looking forward to learning from everyone else on here.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
The first thing I noticed was the top made a loud popping noise, mostly on the passenger side. It seems to be due to the rear outward most "fin" coming in contact with the joint in the roll cage and catching and releasing in the groove between the two pieces. I think this can be corrected by grinding the fins down by about 1/4". I'm going to try it and see what happens. The other is the plastic filler piece below the rear window, above the bed. It warps with engine heat transferring up through the lock and ride holes in the front of the bed. This allows about a 1/2" gap under the middle of the rear window. It needs a center retainer around the cross bar. It has a couple already but apparently they are spaced too far apart. Looks like an easy fix though. The biggest thing I found, is how open the area into the battery and fuse box is. I can see how this will be a huge problem for in mud and snow. I'm currently working on an enclosure for this area and will hopefully have pictures to post next week. Please let me know if you have any further insight into the described issues.

Thanks for the welcome also.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys. That's great info and a lot of help! I know what I'm doing this weekend.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
welcome crawl . When you have so many people mentioning the same problem I sure hope someone from Polaris is listening.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts