Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, guys - New to the forum. I thought I wanted a Commander, so joined the Commander forum, until I ended up buying a RZR. So I joined the RZR forum. Now I find myself owning a 2018 General with a dozen miles on it. Maybe I can stay here for a while. I can't even pick up my new toy until I move some of my fleet. Can't wait! Ted

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Well...you've got the RZRForums.net and the polarisgeneralforum.com to peruse...that will keep you broke for more than a while!!

Welcome to our addiction!!!

Pirate

·
Registered
759 Posts
Welcome to the site, Ted.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Welcome from Washington State neighbor....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the welcome, comrades. Hey, Pirate - I read some of your posts before registering for this forum. Were you on Commander Forum, or RZR Forum? Sorry if I outed you to your General friends, but I remember reading LOTS of your posts someplace. Thoroughly enjoyed your perspectives. Don't feel bad. Everyone has a past. Ha!

·
Registered
303 Posts
Greetings from El Paso...l we all have a past

·
Super Moderator
4,095 Posts
Welcome to the site and G ownership TURBO TED !

once you get the G home you will just sell the rest!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
We try to kill the time between trips to Tillamook Forest and Moab, by playing in the Dunes. Before there were RZRs I used to build and race Jeeps. So, a little before the time of Jesus Christ, I played in the Oregon Dunes. They change daily because of the wind sculpting the surface, and the amount of rain (which is always imminent) changes the softness of the surface and consequently your traction in the sand. Also we keep it a secret (and I hope you tell no one) that the first 3 access points north of North Bend have more to offer than anything further north. Namely, you have thousands of acres of dunes, hundreds of miles of sand trails that transcend forests, and connect one set of dunes with other, but, most importantly, you can access the Oregon beach for several miles, which is more to offer than any other place. There's your Christmas present - the insider info on the Oregon Dunes. Merry Christmas all!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I've been running those dunes for 40 years and can say a lot has changed in that time. Back in the day you could spend all day out there and not see a soul. A dune buggy used to be a V8 powered bare framed bench seat contraption with a water pipe roll bar. I enjoy riding around Fort Rock and Silver lake areas myself. Sometimes I'll go for a ride up Elk River. Not really any trails in this area anymore. Most everything is gated off.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts