Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newbie here, Just took delivery of my 2021 general xp 1000 Pursuit Edition. The machine looks awesome and is very comfortable. On the very first short ride, I noticed a clunking noise that seems to be coming from the front end. I have checked all the bolts on the front end and everything is tight. I have watched several you tube videos and still don't have a clue what is making the noise? This unit has the Walker Evans shocks and I have tried adjusting but no difference.
I have not had the unit past about 30 mph yet. Trying to do break in correct.

·
Registered
108 Posts
First welcome to the forum

Is it a tire rotation clunk does it change with speed or happen on bumps

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
58 Posts
Welcome from Missouri, my 2020 XP 2G did the same thing everytime I hit a bump and sounded like it was from the passenger side, believe it was the shocks bottoming out, when I took the front sway bar off and put limit straps on the shocks the clunk went away.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Newbie here, Just took delivery of my 2021 general xp 1000 Pursuit Edition. The machine looks awesome and is very comfortable. On the very first short ride, I noticed a clunking noise that seems to be coming from the front end. I have checked all the bolts on the front end and everything is tight. I have watched several you tube videos and still don't have a clue what is making the noise? This unit has the Walker Evans shocks and I have tried adjusting but no difference.
I have not had the unit past about 30 mph yet. Trying to do break in correct.
It took about 60hrs on my 2020 XP4. Was told buy the dealer and a small shop that I completely trust that’s a Polaris deal..... So looking forward to testing the Yamaha 1000 4 place beat the **** out of my wolverine 700 not one issue. Have already had to replace the belt on the XP and couple hundred dollars for clutch work on second service......

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I might try to put the shocks on the firmest setting to see it that changes. I adjusted the spring rate already. Also may undo the sway bar and see if that changes anything.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Si I tried adjusting the shocks to the firmest settings. Still clunking, I guess I will disconnect the front sway bar and try that.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Si I tried adjusting the shocks to the firmest settings. Still clunking, I guess I will disconnect the front sway bar and try that.
I just got the 2021 xp4 1000 pursuit as well. Loud clunking from front end. Its the sway bar links. Im a avid truck offroader just getting wet in the sxs world. Trucks sway bars typically only make noise if they are fried. Apparently the polaris sways in the front have some metal on metal contact. Hoping for a quick disconnect option or better uniball ends in the market soon, or i may just pull em.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I just got the 2021 xp4 1000 pursuit as well. Loud clunking from front end. Its the sway bar links. Im a avid truck offroader just getting wet in the sxs world. Trucks sway bars typically only make noise if they are fried. Apparently the polaris sways in the front have some metal on metal contact. Hoping for a quick disconnect option or better uniball ends in the market soon, or i may just pull em.
Remove the front sway bar whether it clunks or not. You'll love it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So I removed the sway bar end links and the noise is barely noticeable now. Much better but still there. Maybe the shocks?

·
Registered
14 Posts
My coil spacer between the 2 springs makes a lil noise the plastic drages on the threads on the shock body. I assume thats not something that can be messed wit

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Greetings from El Paso

1 - 12 of 12 Posts