Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys/Gals,

There seems to be plenty of professional reviews online, but only a few brief opinions from actual owners. I've never been really patient and I couldn't wait any longer, so after weeks of reading just about every article online, I decided to bite the bullet and ordered a new Deluxe model today.

I've had great success with my RZR-S, so I'm sure I won't be disappointed with the General.

Unfortunately NS isn't on top of Polaris' list for deliveries and I won't see mine until mid to late January. Until then I'll have to live my General experience through some of you that have yours already. So help me out and start posting lots of pics and vids!!!

Cheers.

Paul

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi Guys/Gals,

There seems to be plenty of professional reviews online, but only a few brief opinions from actual owners. I've never been really patient and I couldn't wait any longer, so after weeks of reading just about every article online, I decided to bite the bullet and ordered a new Deluxe model today.

I've had great success with my RZR-S, so I'm sure I won't be disappointed with the General.

Unfortunately NS isn't on top of Polaris' list for deliveries and I won't see mine until mid to late January. Until then I'll have to live my General experience through some of you that have yours already. So help me out and start posting lots of pics and vids!!!

Cheers.

Paul
Could you steer me to the reviews you have seen? I've only seen some very brief reviews that were more of just an overview of the General and not very hands on experiences.

Thanks!

·
Registered
12 Posts
This is one of the reviews I saw. Their biggest complaint was the seats being too upright.

http://youtu.be/bPVVA5rxWZU
I saw that one also. Pretty generic really. They just posted pictures and video clips from the Polaris site and talk about the specs and don't really give you any real hands on experience info other than talking about the seats. Not a real review/test.

Does anybody have a link to a real review and not just an overview?

·
Registered
12 Posts
This is another article I read. To your point, most are overviews, however these guys did have some seat time and pointed out pros and cons.

Polaris GENERAL 1000 EPS Review | UTV Guide
Sort of another generic review if you asked me (more of a overview of the features than a review of how everything works). No real talk about the power, handling, ride, controls, noise, AWD system, gas mileage, etc. Doesn't seem like they really spent much time riding in one. Still waiting for a complete test like you see in the magazines. Maybe I'm asking for too much but I'm guessing someone is working on one right now? Or maybe I just take a plunge and cross my fingers...

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hi Guys/Gals,

Cheers.

Paul

Congrats Paul on the new ride. I feel your pain also. I have been looking all over web for ride reviews with not much luck. I decided also to go head and put money down today on a deluxe and should arrive about same time as yours

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sort of another generic review if you asked me (more of a overview of the features than a review of how everything works). No real talk about the power, handling, ride, controls, noise, AWD system, gas mileage, etc. Doesn't seem like they really spent much time riding in one. Still waiting for a complete test like you see in the magazines. Maybe I'm asking for too much but I'm guessing someone is working on one right now? Or maybe I just take a plunge and cross my fingers...
Keep an eye on this website. They are going to have a review in their next issue.

General Impressions Of The New Polaris General | Dirt Toys Magazine

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi Guys/Gals,

Cheers.

Paul
Hey Paul, congrats and welcome to the forum!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Likes: easy getting into, comfort seating with good leg room and ample width space. I am 6'2", broad shoulders and 275lbs.
Like the floor lighting the Deluxe comes with - driver, passenger and console lighting, prefer blue setting. I have been driving mine mostly at night. Makes it nice when getting in and out, it remains lit after shutting down giving you time to get out.
Sound bar stereo is great. Tilt steering column great.
I have a JD620i and had a 2014 Kawasaki Teryx4 which of course does not even come close to General speed. Since I been driving at night top speed only 45mph which feels like 65mph. Hopefully no rain this weekend so I can get it up higher.
Dislikes: Roll bar diameter is not stock round so the side mirrors I bought in the past won't fit.
No manual parking brake lever, I am old school and like that feature.
Driving at night with temps in the 30s a windshield would be great.
Headlights even on high are weak, LED light bar a must.

Attachments

·
Registered
223 Posts
The best reviews are on a forum such as this one - that's exactly why I joined. I want to see directly from owners.

I don't take much stock in reviews from companies. Same when I bought my new truck.

Reactions: Trapper

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Home Sweet Home

The General is tucked away in the garage until tomorrow.

We've had 60+mm rain the past three days, and the trails have taken a good beating. I may not get as many miles on as I want this weekend, but I will get some pics while I'm out and let you know what I think of it in a few days!

·
1,560 Posts
Awesome Paul! your weather looks like mine and I'm on the opposite side of the world from you. Been raining all winter. Feel like if I get one more drop on me I'll turn into a mud puddle!
Congrats.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Paul H congrats. your truck looks good with your general behind it.

Reactions: Alaskan47
1 - 20 of 28 Posts