Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, positive I love the ride and the comfort. Low I've had it 4 weeks with 4 rides and its been down the rest of the time. Took it home first day transmission case leaked. Took it to a dealer, not the one i bought it from because I couldn't get one from a dealer close to home. 16 days later got it back 2 days ago, took it for a ride, 20 miles later it left me stranded with a clunking in the drive shaft area. I am pretty much losing faith in the product today. Does Polaris give you a lemon return? I am going to very gun shy in taking this anywhere without a second rig, that's not good for a machine that I paid way too much for.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Very sorry to hear of your troubles....I truly hope things get better for you. The way I see it is as long as these things keep flying out of the dealerships nothing will change with manufacturing or costumer service....about all you can hope for is you deal with a dealer that will go to bat for you and get Polaris to take care of these type of situations. It’s a lot of money to spend to have it sitting at a dealer waiting on repair. I do not know your total situation but you you should reach out to the Canadian version of the Better Business Bureau.......Good luck...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks J
I have a couple emails started today with the dealer and Polaris customer service. I am hoping it will be settled at this level. I really just want the machine to work as prescribed. Hopefully the dealer will sort it out.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Sorry for your experience so far I have had nothing but good luck with Polaris Products, from quads to Rangers and now Generals. I sold my 2018 General with 5000 trouble free miles. I am now the owner of a 2020 General 4 1000 XP Deluxe and have put 1600 miles on since November 2019. So far it too has been great and I believe at this point the best Polaris has produced in a side by side.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have had an atv for years with no issues. I am just totally disappointed with this investment.

·
Registered
2018 G2 Ride Command
262 Posts
Good luck, be sure to go through and check all the fluids and bolts. They are final assembled at the dealership and sometimes those guys miss a few things. Front diff fluids, trans, grease zerks, roll cage nuts, some bolts too tight, etc..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Did you buy this new or is it pre-owned? If it's new you definitely got a lemon. I've got over 6k miles with nothing but maintenance. I'd be major pissed if this was happening to a new machine.

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Guessing the dealer meant a wheel hub bearing. Could be wrong though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts