Polaris General Forum banner

New General living on dealer's lot

8K views 65 replies 14 participants last post by  West Coast Spartan 
#1 ·
I've been hearing lots of crying about how long it takes to bring a General home. Is this situation pretty much universal, or just in some areas? Our local dealer, North Bend Powersports has had a real pretty tan General parked in front of the showroom for all this week. It would sure be nice is someone took that beast home, so I don't rust out my floorboards with drool every time I drive by. By the way, Oregon doesn't have that plague called "sales tax". If you don't title and license it in your own state, I don't know how the tax collector would know. Did I really say that out loud? And the kicker is that the buyer can ride the Oregon Dunes before taking it home. Just curious.

#2 ·
#3 ·
Arizona is sold out state wide on two seaters.
This one is still available in AZ as of today, 04/05/2021

#4 ·
#5 ·
Come to Canada, almost every dealer has some generals. Looks almost like the inflated covid used toy prices are starting level or drop and the free handouts are running out for people. New units seem to be sticking around at dealers now and with the state of our economy there will be lots going up for sale in the next year

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk

#6 ·
By the way, Oregon doesn't have that plague called "sales tax". If you don't title and license it in your own state, I don't know how the tax collector would know.
When you get stopped in MN without any form of registration, that's usually about it. Many in MN will register it in WI as an out of state resident, then just buy a MN trail pass. Technically it's legal, but if you never drive it in WI, or go to WI, it can be proven as tax evasion. Just make your donation to the state/DNR and accept it.

#8 ·
#11 ·
Cool, so there is a grand total of "one" available.
Probably not by mid week though..lol
I'm no mathematician but I believe "one" is more than "sold out state wide" ;)

When i was trying to buy last year i found a lot of dealerships would still post units on their websites even if they weren't available for sale.
That sounds like a Ride Now Motorsports move. Haven't known Iron City to be like that.
But I could be wrong, wouldn't be the first time, nor likely the last :oops:

#10 ·
When i was trying to buy last year i found a lot of dealerships would still post units on their websites even if they weren't available for sale. I called on atleast 3 here in the state and the sales team told me they were already sold to someone who ordered them, never quite understood that. my brother ordered a Tan on in the beginning on march and they told him it would be 60-90 days to take delivery. also here in AZ

#28 ·
Soooooo. As I've stated earlier I ordered my machine in Feb. And my shipment date from the distribution center was today (The 16th) and at dealer by the 22nd of this month (per Polaris on Monday morning) so yesterday (4 days later) at 4pm they tell me my shipment date has been pushed out till May 14th. So me being me and a little irritated at this point I called polaris directly and all the guy could say is "im not sure why that is. It is here ready to go out and has been for 2 weeks." So its sitting at the distribution center for the last 2 weeks done and will be for another 4 before they ship it. What a joke! Not what I was expecting on a $30k order. I understand the building and manufacturing process of it. But to have it completed and just sitting somewhere for 6 weeks before they ship it IS A JOKE!

#30 ·
Maybe so. I offered to come get it and they said it would have to be someone from the dealership. I didnt divulge at that time that my girlfriend is a sales representative at the dealership we purchased it from because I dont want any fall out on her from her employer just to be safe and looking out for her. But we will be discussing our options over dinner! I might be going a different route if we didn't get the deal we did. Kind of has me commited.

#40 ·
Polaris is a joke I have been a die hard Polaris guy for years we race Polaris snowmobiles I have Polaris everything and after this I will rethink my next purchase when can am or someone can make something comparable to the General they will have some competition and finally have to figure out how to run a business

#41 ·
I agree and if I didn't get the price I did like i said I may be rethinking my options. On the flip side though Can Am people are in the same boat right now. I have a buddy waiting on a 2021 X3 right now and has been since Feb. 2nd so I dont know. What I do know is we have $100 on whose machine gets here first and I've been talking **** all week and now I have my mouth shut and my head down!!

#42 ·
I agree and if I didn't get the price I did like i said I may be rethinking my options. On the flip side though Can Am people are in the same boat right now. I have a buddy waiting on a 2021 X3 right now and has been since Feb. 2nd so I dont know. What I do know is we have $100 on whose machine gets here first and I've been talking **** all week and now I have my mouth shut and my head down!!
Hate when that happens.

#43 · (Edited)
All of these units are listed as "in stock" at ICP in Phoenix and Casa Grande

Stock NumberP6978A

Stock NumberP6977A

Stock NumberP2977C

Stock NumberP2976C

Stock NumberP2973C

Stock NumberP2972C

Stock NumberP6938A

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.