Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been hearing lots of crying about how long it takes to bring a General home. Is this situation pretty much universal, or just in some areas? Our local dealer, North Bend Powersports has had a real pretty tan General parked in front of the showroom for all this week. It would sure be nice is someone took that beast home, so I don't rust out my floorboards with drool every time I drive by. By the way, Oregon doesn't have that plague called "sales tax". If you don't title and license it in your own state, I don't know how the tax collector would know. Did I really say that out loud? And the kicker is that the buyer can ride the Oregon Dunes before taking it home. Just curious.

·
Registered
2020 Polaris General XP-2 1000 Deluxe Ride Command
305 Posts
Arizona is sold out state wide on two seaters.
This one is still available in AZ as of today, 04/05/2021

·
Registered
305 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Come to Canada, almost every dealer has some generals. Looks almost like the inflated covid used toy prices are starting level or drop and the free handouts are running out for people. New units seem to be sticking around at dealers now and with the state of our economy there will be lots going up for sale in the next year

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
78 Posts
By the way, Oregon doesn't have that plague called "sales tax". If you don't title and license it in your own state, I don't know how the tax collector would know.
When you get stopped in MN without any form of registration, that's usually about it. Many in MN will register it in WI as an out of state resident, then just buy a MN trail pass. Technically it's legal, but if you never drive it in WI, or go to WI, it can be proven as tax evasion. Just make your donation to the state/DNR and accept it.

·
Registered
305 Posts

·
Registered
2020 general XP
81 Posts
When i was trying to buy last year i found a lot of dealerships would still post units on their websites even if they weren't available for sale. I called on atleast 3 here in the state and the sales team told me they were already sold to someone who ordered them, never quite understood that. my brother ordered a Tan on in the beginning on march and they told him it would be 60-90 days to take delivery. also here in AZ

·
Registered
305 Posts
Cool, so there is a grand total of "one" available.
Probably not by mid week though..lol
I'm no mathematician but I believe "one" is more than "sold out state wide" ;)

When i was trying to buy last year i found a lot of dealerships would still post units on their websites even if they weren't available for sale.
That sounds like a Ride Now Motorsports move. Haven't known Iron City to be like that.
But I could be wrong, wouldn't be the first time, nor likely the last :oops:

·
Registered
2020 general XP
81 Posts
I'm no mathematician but I believe "one" is more than "sold out state wide" ;)

That sounds like a Ride Now Motorsports move. Haven't known Iron City to be like that.
But I could be wrong, wouldn't be the first time, nor likely the last :oops:
Haha crazy you mention that... all 3 were different ride now dealerships....

·
Registered
305 Posts
Haha crazy you mention that... all 3 were different ride now dealerships....
When I purchased 2 Sportsman quads in 2015 from Iron City, the out the door price was $2,000.00 less than the quote from Ride Now.
Checked again before I picked up the General last year from Iron City and not surprisingly, Ride Now was higher. This time by almost $5,000.00
So, even if you were to find one at RN, it would be cost effective to wait for someone else to receive stock.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts