Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New General added 7" of Lift

Just got the new General Friday. Super ATV Front A-Arms, and 3" Bracket Lift with 32" Intimidators. I like how it turned out so far. All mods bolted on as instructed. Ride is awesome and no rubbing.

Attachments

·
1,563 Posts
Cfrazi3d CONGRATS!!
Going to need some v i d e ooooo!

Reactions: Lennie

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Did a little riding today with the new additions. Mainly hitting off camber ruts and bumps to test the travel. Apparently SuperAtv didn't test this with the Blue General. Because the standard shocks have the springs placed higher up than the Fox shocks on the Orange there is a little contact with the spring and the cross brace (in picture) under the hood. Doesn't really cause an issue, but it doesn't touch and you can hear a ding when suspension is compressed. I intend to contact SuperATV about this.

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I also would suggest doing a front end alignment after the installing the A-arms. Mine was out of whack after adjusting the Camber and Caster. I adjusted to 1/4" Toe In and drive like a dream now.

·
Registered
223 Posts
That is hillbilly buddy, I absolutely love it!!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Did a little riding today with the new additions. Mainly hitting off camber ruts and bumps to test the travel. Apparently SuperAtv didn't test this with the Blue General. Because the standard shocks have the springs placed higher up than the Fox shocks on the Orange there is a little contact with the spring and the cross brace (in picture) under the hood. Doesn't really cause an issue, but it doesn't touch and you can hear a ding when suspension is compressed. I intend to contact SuperATV about this.
Did the lift give you two options for the shock mount one being 2" and the other 3". Just wonderin thought I read that not that it would make much diff. I thought they were a bit fast on comin out with a lift, the true test is when they let it out to the public and without extensive testing, these things happen time will tell. Your ride looks great.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks! No there was no additional shock mounting options on the lift. If the front shock mount was 3/4 to 1" lower there would be no contact on the brace. IMO and measurements.

·
Registered
94 Posts
ya i saw their lift but went with the s3 lift didnt like the brackets in the back as much as the spacer s3 uses and still rides like a Cadillac i have a arms coming in this weekend

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i got a total of 7 inches with the lift, a arms, and tires. Talked to S3 before I bought the Super Atv a-arms and couldn't see spending 3X as much from them on the A-arms.

Reactions: Alaskan47

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
OK so I just talked to the guys at SuperAtv about the lift issue. First those guys have been very transparent on the issue and have offered options for the fix and will be updating the website to be transparent. They are re-designing the front brackets to accommodate the stock shocks vs. the Fox shocks. I would definitely buy the lift for the Orange General. They will be sending me the re-designed bracket upon completion. As I said before it appears the shock hitting the cross brace is not a critical issue, but it does hit. See pics below.

Attachments

Reactions: Alaskan47
1 - 20 of 34 Posts