Super Moderator
4,175 Posts
Sweet and welcome to the site Rclose14!

Reactions: Trapper and MMX

·
Registered
2017 General 4
353 Posts
Nice ride. Is that white trailer in the pics a 14ft?
A question for everybody. Will the General 4 fit on a 12ft trailer? Wondering how close the back tires would be to the end of the wood trailer floor. Might have to remove the rear gate and use ramps?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Nice ride. Is that white trailer in the pics a 14ft?
A question for everybody. Will the General 4 fit on a 12ft trailer? Wondering how close the back tires would be to the end of the wood trailer floor. Might have to remove the rear gate and use ramps?
This question X 2

·
Super Moderator
4,175 Posts
Well to answer that I do not know for sure not my trailer but just going off the spec of the General 4 it being 150.2 inch's or for those that don't know about 12 feet 5 inches long! the trailer in the pic. would have to be 14 foot! :grin2:

·
Registered
2017 General 4
353 Posts
Thanks for the spec RockinRonnie. Also, the wheelbase is 113 inch's or 9 feet 4 inches. In my opinion it should fit minus the rear gate.

If the Kansas City, Missouri Polaris dealerships would EVER get the General 4s in stock I will test fit it on my 12ft trailer and report back. All three dealerships have been stating "we should have them in about 2 weeks" which has now been 8 weeks. Lol.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for the spec RockinRonnie. Also, the wheelbase is 113 inch's or 9 feet 4 inches. In my opinion it should fit minus the rear gate.

If the Kansas City, Missouri Polaris dealerships would EVER get the General 4s in stock I will test fit it on my 12ft trailer and report back. All three dealerships have been stating "we should have them in about 2 weeks" which has now been 8 weeks. Lol.
Would love to know how it fit on the 12' trailer. Same thing here, i've put a deposit down on the 4 that my dealer has ordered...but it could be 2 weeks or 2 months. They are filling all preorders first of course, so hopefully soon!

·
Vendor
1,563 Posts
Hey, Bunch of new guys here! Welcome! Congrats on the new 4 Rclose14!

Reactions: MMX

·
Registered
72 Posts
I can say it does fit with a 12 foot trailer and I still have the gate on it. There is literally about 0.2 - 1 inch of space but it does fit. I found it to be better if hauled backwards and that gives you a bit more room

·
Registered
2017 General 4
353 Posts
I can say it does fit with a 12 foot trailer and I still have the gate on it. There is literally about 0.2 - 1 inch of space but it does fit. I found it to be better if hauled backwards and that gives you a bit more room
Old thread. But yes, my G4 also fits on a 12ft trailer but I had to remove the rear gate and use fold-up loading ramps. I've heard too many horrible stories about hauling a machine backwards. Like the windshield cracking or popping off due to the wind pressure. Still glad I didn't have to buy a new trailer.

·
Registered
48 Posts
G4 fits fine on my 12' tilt bed but it wags all over the place if I load it forwards plus it is impossible to tilt the bed down. These machines are way tail heavy. It pulls great if I load it backwards and it tilts down like it should. I do take the windshield out when towing it just to be safe also, I don't know it it's necessary or not but I also tie a couple of ratchet straps around the roof just to be safe.
If I didn't need to keep the trailer as short as possible because I'll be towing it behind my 40' fifth wheel, I'd have gotten a 14 or 16 ft trailer. I'm just shy of 75' as it is.

·
Super Moderator
4,175 Posts
Bring's to mind a line in a song " Give me forty acres and I'll turn this rig around"

·
Registered
631 Posts
Welcome rclose14 & TroyEdward to G forum....I have a G4 with 30's which pushes me out 12' 5" +/-...Yes it will fit on a 12 foot trailer...Better off if you back it in and don't have a lift tailgate which seems to give you an extra inch or two..If you have a lift tailgate I would recommend bringing a spare old tire to wedge between your G4 and the tailgate so you don't dent/scratch your machine which is what I had to to...Just need to strap the tailgate down good so it doesn't fall down...

·
Registered
7 Posts
It will fit on a 12 ft trailer. I have a 12 ft Top Hat with a dovetail and a 2 ft gate. Not much room to spare. Maybe 6 inches?

·
Registered
48 Posts
75' is definitely long but it pulls great and tracks behind the camper perfectly. You just have to plan your turns and pray you never need to back up. It can be done but it's challenging. Having a backup camera on the camper helps.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts