Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much longer do we have before this forum gets switched over to the new format that is now used on the Polaris ATV and Polaris RZR forums?
For those here not familiar with it, be prepared. It is a totally different format, and I for one, am not a fan of it at all.

·
Super Moderator
2,762 Posts
Was wondering why my bookmark for the RZR forum quit working, but haven't been concerned enough to check why. I see the new look, and it is a little bland.

Just a matter of time until it happens here, I'm sure.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Was wondering why my bookmark for the RZR forum quit working, but haven't been concerned enough to check why. I see the new look, and it is a little bland.

Just a matter of time until it happens here, I'm sure.
Yep. You have to delete and then re-bookmark the site. I too have the Super Moderator title on the Polaris ATV Forums, and you are going to find some new things that nobody seems to be able to explain, such as an Approval queue and Reports. Think I need a raise... :)

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know the Can Am Commander forum switched and it sucks. I assume it's the same general people that run all of these.
That is correct. The same group owns all the major forums.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yup, and looks to be under different management. Goose is no longer with them. :frown2:
I didn't know that. Darn, that's too bad. That does explain a few things though.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Personally, I absolutely HATE this new forum format. The old one was usable, and easy on the eyes. This one just seems more "cluttered".

I find myself coming here less and less because if it .

·
Vendor
307 Posts
I'm used to it now from all the other forums that have updated over the last few months. It has some benefits; like its faster, photos and links are a little easier to post, and I kinda like the dark mode setting. But...there are definitely a few things that need changed. You can't edit a post after 24 hrs, which is nuts. I need to go back an update model/year fitments on past threads regularly. And...the search function sucks. Way more random than the old version. Its definitely a work in progress.

·
Registered
369 Posts
My issue is... It just looks terrible. Too much wasted "white space". No real delineation between sections.

This was tidy and concise, and a good use of space

This, well.... isn't

Tim

·
Registered
426 Posts
  1. Tim, try switching to the dark mode. It's easier on the eyes. I'm starting to get the feel for the new layout, and it's pretty good. The search feature is a million times better. I actually found old posts of mine by keywords that the old version absolutely wouldn't find. It's crazy...

·
Registered
369 Posts
yes, the "Dark Mode" is easier on the eyes.

Until...

You switch to an all white page like Google's home page. The its like

Tim

1 - 20 of 23 Posts