Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to pick up my Deluxe yesterday and when I got there and looked at it the driver side door was separating. I talked to the dealer and they told me every one they had did the same thing and that Polaris my come out with a fix someday for it. They also told me that I could put some screw into it and that might help. I was not happy with that so I looked at the other door and it was not separating but it had big scratches in it. At this point I gave up and left. Not going to buy a $20,000 unit that is messed up. I call around and found a dealer that will have me one on Saturday for $200.00 less that that one. Just hope the doors are right on it

·
Registered
408 Posts
Plastic on the Generals, shall I say, SUX!, but not to the point that they effect the machine. General is still a great machine. We are all dealing with these plastic issues. You are right that at $20K machine should NOT have these issues. Still I would buy my General Deluxe again. I guess it is people like me that explains why Polaris has not fixed this yet.

·
Super Moderator
4,175 Posts
my 17 deluxe has perfect doors so far no problem what so ever must have got lucky ! :grin2:

·
Registered
408 Posts
Very good, they may have fixed this on the 2017's. Common problems are rear bed skins where it says General get loose, top of Door separation, and on mine, the center, black, part of the hood pulling away at the front

The General is a great machine. Enjoy your new rides!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok so I got my General Friday evening. I got there about 3:30. It takes till 5:30 to get the paper work done. Then then didn't have the bracket for the top. No fuel in it and were still trying to clean it up. The door decals need to be replace and they didn't give me any paperwork on the radio. It made up for most of the problem when I got home and took it for a ride. What a blast to drive.

·
Super Moderator
4,175 Posts
The ride makes up for the little pitfalls!! :grin2:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts