Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,000 Posts
After all this wait, my new camouflage General has arrived.

What do you think? I think Polaris did a great job on the camo......it blends in with the background so good that you would think it's in stealth mode!! :grin2:

LOL!!!!! your a funny guy!!!

·
Registered
291 Posts
Great thread and funny:grin2:
I'm also enduring the same pain as you guys:| Have had 2K down since January 3rd and we're still looking at Mid March till it arrives. Even funnier thing is like many of you, My $4000 of accessories are already here for a car we can't even see yet:surprise: Not sure what Polaris is up to with this launch of this new car but they sure blew it on the availability side of things. They should never have advertised that the Orange and blue one was gonna be available in December! If they would have said March for all colors, they'd look like rockstars right now to you lucky folks that already have one.
Here is an even funnier but truly sad thing that I expirenced last weekend, a buddy and I went to a newly relocated large Motorsports dealer in the area (not the one that has my money) we walked in and were greeted by a salesman with a Polaris racing jersey on and I told him I was there to buy the new Polaris General and he looked at me like I was speaking Japanese :surprise: I actually had to show him a pic on the internet. When he saw the pic he says to me "Oh now I remember, those aren't available for sale in the U.S. yet" So then I pulled up this forum and kindly told him he was full of chit :grin2: Again I just can't figure out how they can release a new car and not educate their dealers.
Thanks gents for letting me gripe and complain:laugh: It just sucks to have cash in hand and not be able to buy something all while watching some of you guys play already:frown2:

·
Registered
223 Posts
I have been to 4 dealers in CO, UT and WY and they all have one or two. They have offered me prices a bit below MSRP. Im waiting to see if a few things get fixed from Polaris before I decide to buy one.

Im not ready to dump $20k + and have to put money into it before I ride on things that are problems form Polaris.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Glad I'm not the only one that thinks that way:grin2:
DOZER, nothing is perfect but the things I'm talking about should not even be there from the start. I come from Commanders and they aren't perfect either but Polaris has missed the mark on a few things right from the get go. That's why I'm gonna wait a few months. Not bashing, I'm excited and I want one but not gonna spend that kind of money when these should not be there.

1) Lack of radiator protection
2) Firewall and the way it will hold mud
3) Battery box lack of protection
4) Rear wheel wells at the front, they way it will hold mud
5) Bed side plastic not locking in place
6) Dash plastic fit
7) CVT air intake, bad location. 2 dealers have stated to me that they reroute to the cab on all Rangers and Razors they sell, known problem from Polaris

·
Registered
171 Posts
DOZER, nothing is perfect but the things I'm talking about should not even be there from the start. I come from Commanders and they aren't perfect either but Polaris has missed the mark on a few things right from the get go. That's why I'm gonna wait a few months. Not bashing, I'm excited and I want one but not gonna spend that kind of money when these should not be there.

1) Lack of radiator protection
2) Firewall and the way it will hold mud
3) Battery box lack of protection
4) Rear wheel wells at the front, they way it will hold mud
5) Bed side plastic not locking in place
6) Dash plastic fit
7) CVT air intake, bad location. 2 dealers have stated to me that they reroute to the cab on all Rangers and Razors they sell, known problem from Polaris

GJCOMMANDO
I agree there is nothing perfect I have had my commander since Jan. 2013 and had very few issues with it I am going to try to be patient until closer to the end of the year most of the bugs should be worked out by then.

·
Registered
223 Posts
GJCOMMANDO
I agree there is nothing perfect I have had my commander since Jan. 2013 and had very few issues with it I am going to try to be patient until closer to the end of the year most of the bugs should be worked out by then.
I had a 2011 and then bought a 2013. Both great machines. I like you am going to wait until May probably. I'll see what I think at that point, if changes have been made, etc... I'm hoping as it is a cool buggy, no doubt.

Reactions: Trapper
1 - 16 of 16 Posts