Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2018 Polaris General
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone , I’m a long time Polaris owner. Have owned a 2018 General premium for about a year now. My left rear axle started popping an cracking, not a big deal I thought. Ordered a new one from R. M. Atv Tusk Gladiator, can not get it to go in. Looks right, everything measures out right. I can pop the old one back in with no problem. Anyone know a trick To make this easier? Any help will be vary appreciated.

· Registered
2022 general XP on the way
1,311 Posts
Will the c clip from the old axle fit the new axle? Just curious because if you force that new stiffer c clip in, you're going to have to get it out at some point.... might be a PITA. If you've had no problem with that axle popping out, it may be a good idea to switch the clips if they fit...

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

· Premium Member
2016 Polaris General Deluxe, 10% OEM
5,022 Posts
Waall...I'm using Turner Cycles Nitro rear axles. Awesome! But, I have to use a 4 lb Orange deadblow hammer from Harbor Freight to "pound" it into the Transmission. Talking with James at Turner Cycles, no harm done and its normal. You'll also need a good prybar to get the axle out if need be. I use an EVERCRAFT 4 pc Pry Bar Set PN 774-0512 very handy for lots of things and gets the
cir-clip out of its slot.
Pirate

· Registered
2018 Polaris General
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys for the help, tried the zip tie couldn’t get it to work. Swapped out the c clips an it went right in. Put a new axel in the other side an had no trouble at all. I think the c clip on the first one was just a little bit too open. Once again thank for the help!

· Premium Member
2016 Polaris General Deluxe, 10% OEM
5,022 Posts
Keep an eye on the axles for a bit and make sure they aren't moving out. Another forum member reported axles coming completely out of the transmission. I could not see that happening unless on to the A-arms came loose from the Bearing carrier. The axles are in the transmission about 1 1/2" that's a long way to come out with the bearing carrier perpendicular to the axle and A-arms.
You wouldn't want to learn the hard way that it is possible.
Pirate

1 - 7 of 7 Posts