Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Live in south Anchorage. I'm not a General owner yet but will be as soon as the 4 seater is released. I currently have a 2014 Ranger 6x6 I stretched the frame on with 31" tires. Found out wife is prego so looking to get the 4 seater by next spring. I've been lurking on the forums since they first started up, lots of good information being posted.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I saw your 6x6 for sale, that thing is awesome. Nice work.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. I just got done mounting up some 30-10-12 blackwaters on 12" steel wheels I'm going to wheel this summer. Hoping to keep breakage to a minimum. I'm hanging on to my 31's which I'll put on the General.

The Blackwaters on 12" ITP steel rims are 49.5 lbs. My 31" Outbacks on 15" beadlocks are 69.5 lbs haha. That 800 will be a happy motor.

I just sold the 6x6 bed a few weeks ago, starting on a Steel flatbed today. I'm hoping to get a General around December/January so I have time to modify the cage and build racks & high clearance a-arms for it.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I'd be interested to see what you do for a rack. Eventually I would like to have a utility rack in the bed, but I have to become a fabricator first before I take on a project like that.

·
Read Only
1,001 Posts
Live in south Anchorage. I'm not a General owner yet but will be as soon as the 4 seater is released. I currently have a 2014 Ranger 6x6 I stretched the frame on with 31" tires. Found out wife is prego so looking to get the 4 seater by next spring. I've been lurking on the forums since they first started up, lots of good information being posted.
I had to get one ASAP!! Not a fan of the 4 seater on any model:grin2:

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm not much of a 4 seater fan either but with 2 little dogs that camp with us and a kid coming in November I don't have much of a choice.

MMX, I just tinker out of my garage, I'm far from what if consider skilled. One of my projects last year was to build a front diff cradle for 6x to keep from pulling the mount bolts or snapping the case at the pinion gear.

This was taken during the frame stretch

And this was a rack I built for it.

I haven't made it very far on the flatbed yet

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My one ongoing project though is my sled. Started out as a 2008 Yamaha Nytro and year after year kept morphing. This is an older pic but once I'm finished(for the 6th time) it'll be under 420 lbs and about 200 hp. It's pretty much all 4130 tubing, 7075 tunnel, CF body work, aluminum bolts and hundreds of hours of fab work.

This is current as of today lol.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts