Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New Accessory! Polaris GENERAL™ Lock & Ride® Pro Fit Premium Full Door with Hinged Wi

• A premium full-door enclosure featuring superior materials and a precise fit that compliments the Polaris GENERAL™.
• A key component in creating the ultimate full-cab enclosure, replaces stock half-doors with a full-door, one-piece design.
• Easy installation to existing hinge locations with hidden hinges and hardware that tuck nicely into the door cavity for superior fit and finish.
• Lock & Ride® Pro Fit ensures a 360-degree gasket seal to the profile tubing and body components.
• Impact and scratch resistant tempered glass window is hinged with six-position adjustability.
• Fully-sealed design keeps elements out for a premium in-cab environment.
• Durable, soft-touch door liner seals out unwanted noise, enhances fit and finish, and is now easier to clean.
· Polaris® signature pull handle provided a decorative and durable closure, time after time.
· Door storage net provided easy access to cab essentials.
· Compatible with all other GENERAL™ Lock & Ride® Pro Fit cab components.
· Backed by a 1 year limited warranty.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Crap! I just ordered my General last week with the uppers that don't open. Although I don't see the graphics on this door so I'm not too bummed out...yet.

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
Frank,

How much are the doors?

Still able to swap doors based on where one is going?

Available yet?

More info on how the window glass provides 6 position use?

Thanks,

Pirate

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
Thanks MMX, very interesting. Guess I would sorta miss having the full window opening at times.

I really liked the orange trim ring on the steering wheel...is that a 2017 item? I want one!!

Thanks again,

Pirate

·
Registered
710 Posts
Nice I hope they seal when you get going a little faster and don't blow out an inch or two on top like the upper sport doors.

·
Super Moderator
4,175 Posts
Reactions: MMX

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
The doors are nice but at that money they should offer a graphic package to make them more color compatible to all units. They only come in flat black I like my shiny blue doors. The picture Frank posted is better then anything I found on the Polaris web site. Thanks Frank.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I wonder if Polaris is going to honor by $1200.00 that they have been holding for 11 months and one week for upper windows that open. I bet they will offer me my money back and say they will not give me the new doors for what money I already paid. I will ask just for the h*ll of it.

·
Registered
809 Posts
I really liked the orange trim ring on the steering wheel...is that a 2017 item? I want one!!

Thanks again,

Pirate
Yes that is a 2017 item check with you dealer may be able to get one they sell on ebay so your dealer will be able to get you one if not this may help 2014 POLARIS RZR XP 1000-STEERING WHEEL AND CLUSTER UPGRADE-ORANGE MADNESS-pc | eBay
Be aware, I think the orange on the 2017 Deluxe is not the same orange as the 2016 Deluxe as far as the hood is concerned. Different color codes if I recall correctly. There might only be one orange option on the steering wheel trim though. Just a heads up.

·
Super Moderator
4,175 Posts
Be aware, I think the orange on the 2017 Deluxe is not the same orange as the 2016 Deluxe as far as the hood is concerned. Different color codes if I recall correctly. There might only be one orange option on the steering wheel trim though. Just a heads up.

The outside color may be different on the outside but you can get any color orange you want for the trim ring as long as it is orange madness! Sorry LOL they only have one option for trim ring in orange the trim ring is really a carryover form the rzr and can be ordered orange madness, indy red , voodoo blue and lime squeeze :grin2:

Reactions: MMX

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
I think orange madness will work just fine!

Just gotta look up the PN, and make sure the steering wheels are the same...and if I can get just the steering wheel trim.

Hmmmm....

Pirate

·
Registered
439 Posts
I'm really disappointed Polaris didn't put more thought into this full door design. At $2400, I would expect it to match the graphics and look like its supposed to be on the machine. Maybe I'm being too picky but it looks like you had an accident and replaced the door, but were to cheap to paint it and put the graphics back on. lol! I was really excited to see they finally had a full door option and the fact that they were releasing one soon made me purchase the General over the Ranger. But now I'm having second thoughts...
The thing that just gets me is the fact you have to use the factory hinges off the original door and a whole different striker unit making it a big task to switch from full door to half door based on the season. C'mon Polaris, what do the 2 hinges really cost to have already on the doors? At the price they are asking, I would expect them to be easily interchangeable and look like they were made to match the machine a fair bit better...

Sorry my first post was a bit of a rant lol! Love the site and have been a lurker for some time. Here's hoping the aftermarket comes out with something more dazzling and functional. :wink2:

·
Super Moderator
4,175 Posts
Welcome to the site Longslyde and to General ownership!

I think you will like the General over the Ranger I have had both and the General is a better option at least for me.

All the work and more play>:)

·
Registered
439 Posts
I definitely like the General so far! I had 2 rangers prior to this and loved those also. Polaris did a great job of making the general look so refined, it just feels like a step back putting these on lol. Thanks for the kind welcome! :grin2:

·
Registered
21 Posts
I ordered a new General today with the new doors. Not crazy about the appearance either. I may have the company I use to wrap our company vehichles come up with something. Can't imagine it being a big deal. If I do I'll post pictures.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts