Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need max tire size
I have a 2018 g2 I have a set of 4”portals and a set of forward arched a arms. What is the max tire size I will be able to run? And what’s the best tire out there for Mud and water near Houston Texas. Will be putting on new parts this weekend... need tires ASAP . Here is stock look

·
Registered
176 Posts
I ran 35s on a 4 inch bracket lift with the S3 powersports 2inch forward control arms. Had rubbing issues only when it flexed pretty hard.

Tires, I ran were the bkt 171s I believe on a 35. Great mud tire. The MotoHavok, which I'm running now,has been a good mud tire and awsome trail tire. You'll be happy with both.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome I was look at 33 or 35 rather go big and need to buy a bracket. Be disappointed if I got the 33s. Hope it all works out

·
Registered
176 Posts
Just do 37s. I went from 35s to 37s to 42s in less than a year. Always had the itch to go higher. All you need is another 4 inch bracket lift to clear 37s. You'll be happier with 37s. Now a days, or least down here in texas, everyone is riding on 37s or bigger.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Need max tire size
I have a 2018 g2 I have a set of 4”portals and a set of forward arched a arms. What is the max tire size I will be able to run? And what’s the best tire out there for Mud and water near Houston Texas. Will be putting on new parts this weekend... need tires ASAP . Here is stock look
The Gear Reduction of you Portals is a factor, which you did not mention.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I would have to agree with Boli_perez, bigger is always better! In the end, you will always have some issue or maintenance so it is what it is. The only difference is I also put the SATV 3” bracket lift on my bike and really enjoy 37” tires after minor trimming. The bike pulls the tires like a dream and with the HW belt, I’ve had no issues.

Here is my build with this setup:
https://www.polarisgeneralforum.com/#/topics/34466

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I decided to go with moto. I kept reading outlaws drag bad in sand and just wasn’t completely sold ok bkt.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Looks good so with out the forward arms what size tires could you run with just the 4” portals ? Sorry to thread jack just keep seeing these an makes me want to get portals already an I’ve had my new general a week today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I kept reading that you could fit 35 but it rubs bad... so I’ve got to figure something else out now

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
With out arms.. 31-33 absolutely max think 33 would run with no arms I’ve got portals and arms I should have went 33

·
Registered
149 Posts
Way bigger then expected went with the 35’s they rub like crazy
In this photo, are the tires mounted to the bike or just resting on the side. If they are rubbing, you might want to look at the SATV 3” lift. This would match my setup and I am clearing 37” with minor fender trimming.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts