Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased wheels and tires.. after learning a bit more I’m afraid I won’t fit on my trailer. I have the base general. Wheels purchased are tusk 14x7 4+3 offset. Tires coming with are 30x10x14. In stock form I have about 3 inches on each side before I hit the side bars. Will this setup add more then an inch or two on each side? Also is it gonna be very rough on suspension components? I have Elka stage 3 on the way and would hate to tear stuff up.

·
Registered
684 Posts
It should only add 1 inch to each side. If you have 3 inches to spare, you should be good. It's will be a tight fit though.

Reactions: drsmitty74

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
You're building the machine you want. Getting a trailer that it fits on is the way to go. There are a lot of trailer types and prices ranges out there..get one that works. You won't regret it!

Pirate

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome thanks guys! Do either of you have experience with adding flares? Thinking the 2020 flares might be a direct fit. I don’t mind slinging more mud but would prefer to keep my teeth as white as possible. Also think it looks a bit better having some coverage over the wheels.

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
Yes there is much more coverage. Just finished installing them on my 2016 General Deluxe. They are wider, they do come down further..to keep mud out of the cab!! They aren't real difficult to install. Just take your time and follow the instructions.
Pirate

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes there is much more coverage. Just finished installing them on my 2016 General Deluxe. They are wider, they do come down further..to keep mud out of the cab!! They aren't real difficult to install. Just take your time and follow the instructions.
Pirate
Sounds good. Happen to have any pictures? Also with the negative offset I’m gonna run do I risk tearing up suspension stuff or is it just bearings that might go a little quicker? I have Elka stage 3s being built now. Would surely hate to put any of that in harms way.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Looks like you have a full board width on both sides of the trailer. Guessing the boards are around 5'' wide so you are good to go mate! You can always down the road upgrade to a bigger trailer too.
Enjoy that sweet ride!

·
Registered
118 Posts
You'll be fine, even with the XL Flares. The flares will not be anywhere near your trailer side rails and as said before, the 4+3 only adds about 1.5" to each side.

Reactions: Chefntechzie

·
Registered
27 Posts
Just installed the wider 2020 XP flares on my deluxe and you need to drill a few holes in the front fenders for the plastic push pins and cut a little of the plastic but worth it . These are wider and cover the inner fenders from getting filled with mud and will work great with your General . Like most stuff polaris you get about a B- on actual fit ( results vary with every machine literally ) but well worth the 200 bucks .

1 - 13 of 13 Posts