Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2020 general
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
dont know if im smoking crack but it seems to me they dont do it right. They have it on the exhaust of the clutch. Wouldnt it make more sense to have it under the hood with a good filter on it blowing pressure into the clutch. That way instead of counting on that frog screen on the side where some of the air comes from to filter air. If done that way it would instead be another exhaust that would allow more air out and keep positive pressure on it. So instead of relying on to prefilters that dont really filter all that much and the poor placement by polaris of the one behind the cab where wheels kick up dust youd have all the air coming from under the hood through a real filter. I doubt anyone would put a second engine intake on the side by the wheels are rely on screen to filter the air. I also wonder i positive pressure would help keep water out if you go a bit to deep

·
Registered
549 Posts
dont know if im smoking crack but it seems to me they dont do it right. They have it on the exhaust of the clutch. Wouldnt it make more sense to have it under the hood with a good filter on it blowing pressure into the clutch. That way instead of counting on that frog screen on the side where some of the air comes from to filter air. If done that way it would instead be another exhaust that would allow more air out and keep positive pressure on it. So instead of relying on to prefilters that dont really filter all that much and the poor placement by polaris of the one behind the cab where wheels kick up dust youd have all the air coming from under the hood through a real filter. I doubt anyone would put a second engine intake on the side by the wheels are rely on screen to filter the air. I also wonder i positive pressure would help keep water out if you go a bit to deep
I found post cvt dust issue where the frog skin is not successful at keeping the dirt out. I took care of the issue by by passing the post cvt air inlet with a K&N Filter. I do have Outerwears filters on the two under the hood intakes, one for the engine air one for cvt intake. I hardly see any real dust or dirt now in the CVT clutch area.

Attachments

·
Registered
2020 general
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
do you have problems with water with that filter ? Id kind of at least like to see a filter in the side that had foam and not just frog skin. Im in a real dusty area and i just dont see much dust on that frog skin so i cant believe its stopping much

·
Premium Member
2022 G2 XP 1000 Deluxe
97 Posts
Take a look at this thread, it has pictures of the blower I placed on both the intake and exhaust side of the clutch housing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts