Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got around to installing the sound deadening material. I went with the Siless 80 mil in black finish. Quite a job, but I took my time and actually enjoyed the project. In addition to the cab, also installed it on the inside of the doors and door panels. I even put the material on both sides of the four access panel openings (battery, ecm, etc.).

Along with the headliner I installed, discussed in another thread, the cab noise has been significantly reduced. Also, the Siless material significantly reduces the transfer of heat from the engine into the cab; that is a much needed improvement here in north Florida.

I have just to complete both sides of the tunnel and I'm done. Hope so anyway because I'm about out of material. Doesn't look fancy, but 90% of it is hidden by the seats anyway.

I took a pic before I reinstalled the seats.

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Awesome job! I will be doing this to my machine as well. Thanks for the post.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. I am very pleased with the results.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Very nice, big difference...Right!

·
Registered
936 Posts
I agree, it went pretty fast and was enjoyable

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks! Huge improvement. I really like it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Looking good.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Where did you purchase the material? Is it similar to tractor cab insulation?
I purchased it from Amazon; yes, 36 sq. ft. is enough to do the job and about $52.00 for that amount of material. I did use almost all of it; just a few scraps of material left. My tractor is open station so I'm not sure if it is similar to tractor cab insulation. It is a very sticky bituminous material with a thin "skin" of aluminum sheeting. Comes in silver or black finish and is very tough material. Really does a great job of deadening sound.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I see this on Ebay and Amazon. Will a 36 sq ft roll do the job?
Correct. I purchased from Amazon, but my friend purchased his from Ebay. Same stuff; same price. We will probably get started installing his next week. I already purchased the rollers needed so we will just use them on his project. Going riding tomorrow; sure will be a quieter ride now! :)(y)

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The holy roller that you mention - which width would work best?
I purchased this set from Amazon. Sound Deadening Roller Set Believe me, I am glad I had different sizes because some of the spaces were fairly tight to roll. I used the narrowest one to roll all of the edges to ensure best adhesion.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts