Polaris General Forum banner

21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Well it was time for reverse lights! It is difficult to see behind this sxs. Thanks to everyone on this forum, it went super easy. Initially I had the same led glowing problem as many had described but using the relay was perfect fix.
where did you purchase the lights?
I shamelessly stole the idea from multiple members of this forum! Thanks guys!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FEZEVQK?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

I liked having 2 extra lights incase something went wrong. If you decide this type, I do recommend using a relay to power the lights. If you connect directly to the wires intended for the reverse buzzer, they will have a faint glow and never fully turn off. I learned this the hard way until I did a search on this forum and found how to do it properly.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I guess ill shamelessly steal the idea too lol. Really like how there very low profile and not noticeable.
I don’t think you can go wrong, they almost look like something Polaris would have (should have) installed. I used a 30amp relay as many have recommended. Here is the wiring diagram that I referenced.

Attachments

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #26

·
Registered
18 Posts
That's the same setup I've been looking at getting. I need a hard coat poly because glass just isn't practical for the riding I do. How do you like the tinted back window?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
That's the same setup I've been looking at getting. I need a hard coat poly because glass just isn't practical for the riding I do. How do you like the tinted back window?
I really like it, it helps keep the inside of the vehicle cooler and the sun off my neck! I love having my truck side and rear windows 5% tinted so this is as close as I can get to having the same within a sxs. The type I bought was by SATV and it is a top notch quality window with a very fair price.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
I really like it, it helps keep the inside of the vehicle cooler and the sun off my neck! I love having my truck side and rear windows 5% tinted so this is as close as I can get to having the same within a sxs. The type I bought was by SATV and it is a top notch quality window with a very fair price.

I'm the same with the tint on my rides. Looks like you sold me on that. Thanks for the info

·
Registered
87 Posts
Can I ask where this came from? i am looking at rear windows and I like the dark tint. I done a search on SATV but came up with nothing; Thanks.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #32 (Edited)
Can I ask where this came from? i am looking at rear windows and I like the dark tint. I done a search on SATV but came up with nothing; Thanks.
Yep no problem, I just lucked out finding it when I bought mine. Within the section for the rear windshield, there is two options and the last one is the dark tint.

Hopefully this link works:
https://www.superatv.com/polaris-general-rear-windshield

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #34 (Edited)
A little after work decompress time!

The Seizmik mirrors and mounting brackets are exactly what the General has been missing. The mounting brackets fit perfectly and the mirrors are very stylish and look to have been designed with the up most attention to detail! Also installed the warn hook vibration isolator, looks good and fit perfectly. Also ordered the spike LED headlights but it looks like they are now on backorder!

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Maybe a silly question, but did you take the bed off to install those lights? If so, is it difficult?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Maybe a silly question, but did you take the bed off to install those lights? If so, is it difficult?
Yes I did, I routed the wires thru the wire loom under the bed. I used a simple male / female connector just in case I need to disconnect in the future. The bed can be removed rather quickly. It’s just two bolts and is even easier with a friend.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Like the say go big or go home! I would definitely do the 37s. I got my eyes on doing 37s or 38s in the future too. Are your portals a 30% gear reduction ?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Like the say go big or go home! I would definitely do the 37s. I got my eyes on doing 37s or 38s in the future too. Are your portals a 30% gear reduction ?
Yeah, at the time I bought mine that was the only choice for the 4”. If I was able to do it over, I would have waited (if I knew) and bought the gen 3 6” portals. Then I would have felt comfortable to jump up to a 40”. A few of my friends are up-ing their game for mudnats and going to 40” or larger tires. Running 35’s around my house is plenty, but keeping up at the local parks 35’s are almost a normal occurrence.

21 - 40 of 63 Posts