Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Now that u have had the generals and some time on them. Are they a muddy ride like the rzr. I talk to a guy that said his front windshield gets full of mud and also the rear. Any input will be great. Thanks

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hey Taz. I just got back from Windrock in TN with my General and didn't have my windshield on bc of a hardware shipping problem...(the company rectified it) and I wish I did have it on! Got muddy and wet from spray mostly. Rode the next day and night around our land in NC mtns with the windshield installed and it was awesome! Totally dry and it was a damp day and night with rain here and there. I have the Polaris lock in Roof and Extreme Metal Products poly windshield. Happy with both parts. Hope this helps.

BTW - the General is awesome! Handled all different types of terrain and surface with ease. Was a **** of a good time. Actually my first time with it off road. Put 38 miles on it in a day on the mountain trails.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have only one ride on my General, but today had a bit of rain and snow. I am using the half windshield and wear a MX Style helmet with goggles and I found it OK, bit of mud and water splashed up on me, but not really a problem. Was certainly better off than one of the other riders on an XP. His windshield was plastered with mud

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the pics. This was what I was affraid of. My ranger 900 keeps me dry in all trail conditions. Do u think anyone will make fender flars. Cause I do want to upgrade to a general.

·
Registered
15 Posts
It has been very muddy here in Missouri and the creeks we ride around and in. My new general stays the cleanest of the side x sides. I even swapped tires and wheels with an xp. They get around MUCH better then the stockers. I don't think the stock tires clean as well as they should...that is my one and only complaint with general deluxe

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have only one ride on my General, but today had a bit of rain and snow. I am using the half windshield and wear a MX Style helmet with goggles and I found it OK, bit of mud and water splashed up on me, but not really a problem. Was certainly better off than one of the other riders on an XP. His windshield was plastered with mud
Plastered with mud and having to worry about that makes not having one a relief. Plus when your having that sort of fun, getting dirty is low on the list, I don't even think about it much, just in the zone.

·
Registered
143 Posts
It doesn't throw near as much mud as my Rzr. But if you are carrying speed through the mud you will get muddy. Fender flare should eliminate most of it

·
Registered
31 Posts
Fender flares are a must. We took ours out yesterday and it was muddy from snow melt. As you can see the outside is covered. And the inside is as well from the spray off the rear wheels. Our outside arm and shoulder were muddy but it was still fun. It's broke in now, time for a wash.

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
I rode mine in the snow and some mud, I have the front windshield, roof and rear panel on my deluxe general. The interior was pretty dry and hardly no mud. It also rained that night and I stayed pretty dry. I think the rear panel is a great option, it keeps out the wind, rain , and noise. I bought the poalris loc and ride windshield and rear panel.

·
Registered
62 Posts
How was Windrock, TN? I have a trip planned there the week before Memeorial Day. I have heard some great things! I am bringing my General and my Can am xmr1000. I think I will be spending most my time in the general!

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I am just waiting for it to get warm enough to get the hose out to wash it before I play in the mud for right now the snow does not get it dirty and we as I write this we are getting 14'' of new snow just for my new plow.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts