Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
I had the SSV works in my last ride and it was terrible at picking up stations. This system brings in stations great. I like it better. SSV was hard to see the little read out and I think it is comparable in volumn. Hope it helps

·
Registered
94 Posts
i like it my buddy has the wet sounds sound bar and seems to be about the same as in the sound quality, i do like the fact that the mtx one has am fm and is about the control the trebel and bass

·
Registered
348 Posts
It has two extra plunges that are not used for the install and it has a AUX female plug as well. There is not a white and red RCA plugs that I could see. I was looking at installing a 10" sub behind the driver seat but could not find any wires for it.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I have not looked into this yet, but here is what I want to do with it. I want to listen to the radio or Bluetooth source for my tunes, then when someone calls me on the radio, I want it to break in and come through the soundbar so I can hear it. I know there is a an AUX port on the right end of the sound bar, but hidden behind the plastic.

Not sure its possible, but I am going to study it.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Excuse the crappy video (been celebrating with a few cold ones), but I don't have any complaints with the sound.

I haven't driven it yet to get the total impact and since my wife thinks I'm already obsessed with the General, I better not test the sound out by putting on a helmet and sitting in the garage.

View My Video

·
Registered
374 Posts
I have not looked into this yet, but here is what I want to do with it. I want to listen to the radio or Bluetooth source for my tunes, then when someone calls me on the radio, I want it to break in and come through the soundbar so I can hear it. I know there is a an AUX port on the right end of the sound bar, but hidden behind the plastic.

Not sure its possible, but I am going to study it.

I've been looking into this already. Stopped into a car audio shop last week to get some opinions. They thought I was crazy, but they did give me a couple solutions. Now that I have the General home, I will stop in and see them again.

One of the kits they said would likely work, is a system by Parrot. I had these in a few of my company cars and they weren't very good. The mic picked up a lot of road noise, so I imagine in a SxS, it would be quite a lot worse.

I'm going to keep looking for a solution as well, but if you find anything post it up.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I sold my 570 RZR to buy the general I have a travel cover that I bought for transporting the RZR I never used the cover It is still taped in the box it is worth $200 I would trade or sell and ship very reasonable. I also have a carry out satellite with receiver brand new never used bought our cabin in the woods and can't get signal on our phone and don't camp much

·
Registered
715 Posts
"How's it sound" is subjective. If you grew up with Kraco and Audivox this is going to sound fantastic. If you grew up with MB Quart (before they became mainstream) and JL Audio then this is going to sound like entry-level Pioneer equipment.
It's better than nothing but it's not going to win any SQL or DB contests...ever.

There are no RCA connections. The instructions show an amp trigger wire (blue wire, female bullet connector), an AUX output (red,white, 2 black wires, white plug) and an AUX input (3.5mm headphone jack. think iPod/mp3 player). Mine actually has 2 of the white plugs. Both have red,white and 2 black wires but the wires are different gauge between the 2 plugs.

There is a current part # for a "Deluxe Harness" but last time I checked the harness is not available yet. Deluxe in this case has nothing to do with the trim level of the machine. According to the "Deluxe Harness" for the Rzr, this harness provides connections for 2 LED light bars and the radio. There is also an "Ultimate Harness" that provides connections for 3 LED bars, 1 audio device in front and 2 in the rear, and subwoofer connection.

I have no idea if this is the path Polaris will take with the General. Just info I've picked up along the way.

Edit: If I recall correctly the "Deluxe Harness" for the General specifically mentioned "additional audio connections".

Attachments

1 - 20 of 39 Posts