Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed the MTX General-10 subwoofer. It works great......but there is a lot of rattling of the plastic directly below the actual sub. I've added foam to all edged of the enclosure that make contact with the plastic. This has reduced the rattling but not 100%. Any pointers / tips from folks who've used this sub?

Thanks!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I also added traditional sound dampening material commonly used for auto installation. Ex. FatMat. Installed on backside of plastic surrounding the location of the speaker. No rattling.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I also added traditional sound dampening material commonly used for auto installation. Ex. FatMat. Installed on backside of plastic surrounding the location of the speaker. No rattling.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Ok I'll try that. Thanks :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
just for an update. Today I pulled my MTX sub out and sat it on the work bench to do some fixing on issues i could not get by. I took my tap and die set and ran the sub holes down because they are not ran down far enough. Then I did the same with the bolts. Next I put the cover on and ran the bolts down with the metal cover on it and saw that two of the holes dont even come close to lining up. I drilled out two of the top holes a little longer not larger so I could get the bolt in straight. Then I took some sound deadening material, I think it was Fatmax or a competitor. I cut it 8.5 inches wide and ran it all the way around the inside of the space the sub goes into. I then drilled a small home in the dash below my switches in the middle round hole and put my sub volume in. I used black duct tape anywhere on the wires where it might be seen on the driver side.
I turned it on and what a huge difference. Not one rattle. As loud as you can play it there are no rattles. Now its fun to use and listen to. All works and sounds great. Thank you all for help and suggestions. If I can help anyone feel free to ask away.

Zan

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've added sound dampening material and it did the trick. I have to agree with you though.....the lining up of bolt holes isn't perfect from the factory. I got them in.....but it was a pain.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I've added sound dampening material and it did the trick. I have to agree with you though.....the lining up of bolt holes isn't perfect from the factory. I got them in.....but it was a pain.

Any pictures of what was done?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
just for an update. Today I pulled my MTX sub out and sat it on the work bench to do some fixing on issues i could not get by. I took my tap and die set and ran the sub holes down because they are not ran down far enough. Then I did the same with the bolts. Next I put the cover on and ran the bolts down with the metal cover on it and saw that two of the holes dont even come close to lining up. I drilled out two of the top holes a little longer not larger so I could get the bolt in straight. Then I took some sound deadening material, I think it was Fatmax or a competitor. I cut it 8.5 inches wide and ran it all the way around the inside of the space the sub goes into. I then drilled a small home in the dash below my switches in the middle round hole and put my sub volume in. I used black duct tape anywhere on the wires where it might be seen on the driver side.
I turned it on and what a huge difference. Not one rattle. As loud as you can play it there are no rattles. Now its fun to use and listen to. All works and sounds great. Thank you all for help and suggestions. If I can help anyone feel free to ask away.

Zan
would you happen to have any pics of your center console/tunnel area from the top on the passenger side of the cab ? We’d (the wife & I) like to see how far the right side of the sub enclosure sticks into the knee areaon the passenger side.
Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2020 XP 1000 Deluxe with stage 4 Rockford Fosgate\7" Ride Command system... I chose to replace the Rockford Fosgate Subwoofer with a heater so I can use my General year round... Does anyone know if you can add the MTX Subwoofer with my current set up? I can not seem to find and pictures of the 7" ride command connections and don't feel like pulling everything apart if its not possible.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I also have a 2020 XP 4 Ride Command with the RF Stage 4 Audio and am looking to relocate the factory sub (and amp if I have to) in order to install the polaris heater.. I was told a Polaris dealer in Wyoming has been relocating them to the forward hole below center console using some "creative engineering and custom plastic" to make things fit. Have yet to try but going to measure some things up this weekend and see what needs to be done to make this work. The RF sub enclosure is pretty massive looking at first glance. May end up getting the regular enclosure made for that hole or making something work under one of the front seats if I have to.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I also have a 2020 XP 4 Ride Command with the RF Stage 4 Audio and am looking to relocate the factory sub (and amp if I have to) in order to install the polaris heater.. I was told a Polaris dealer in Wyoming has been relocating them to the forward hole below center console using some "creative engineering and custom plastic" to make things fit. Have yet to try but going to measure some things up this weekend and see what needs to be done to make this work. The RF sub enclosure is pretty massive looking at first glance. May end up getting the regular enclosure made for that hole or making something work under one of the front seats if I have to.
Well the mtx woofer and enclosure is made to fit in the hole between the feet of the driver and passenger... I mostly want to confirm if anyone has got the wiring to work.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have a 2020XP Deluxe with RC and stage 4. I removed my Rockford Fosgate Factory sub and installed the factory Polaris Heater. I mounted the MTX 10 Sub in the center console using line out converters that I attached to the factory sub wires. It sounds good. The heater install wasn’t too bad, I did have to relocate the factory amp and attached it to the firewall to make room for the heater core and vent tubes.

Here are the line out converters I used.

Massive Audio UW-1 RCA Line Output Converter - Male RCA Converter Cable for Car Audio Amplifiers. Enables High Level Input and Auto Turn On (ATO) Feat Amazon.com: Massive Audio UW-1 RCA Line Output Converter - Male RCA Converter Cable for Car Audio Amplifiers. Enables High Level Input and Auto Turn On (ATO) Features.: Industrial & Scientific

Reactions: Grt5021

·
Registered
53 Posts
Yes I have the 7” screen

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have a 2020XP Deluxe with RC and stage 4. I removed my Rockford Fosgate Factory sub and installed the factory Polaris Heater. I mounted the MTX 10 Sub in the center console using line out converters that I attached to the factory sub wires. It sounds good. The heater install wasn’t too bad, I did have to relocate the factory amp and attached it to the firewall to make room for the heater core and vent tubes.

Here are the line out converters I used.

Massive Audio UW-1 RCA Line Output Converter - Male RCA Converter Cable for Car Audio Amplifiers. Enables High Level Input and Auto Turn On (ATO) Feat Amazon.com: Massive Audio UW-1 RCA Line Output Converter - Male RCA Converter Cable for Car Audio Amplifiers. Enables High Level Input and Auto Turn On (ATO) Features.: Industrial & Scientific

Hey Mike, I am looking at doing something similar, but to a 2021 General XP 4 Pursuit Edition. For whatever reason Polaris is not offering the Ride Command package with the Pursuit Edition. Anyway, I am going to add it myself along with an amp for the front speakers and I have been looking at the MTX Subwoofer so that I can use the factory heater as well.

Do you feel that you have lost too much leg room on the passenger side with the MTX enclosure? I can only find a few pictures of one installed, and none from the top down to really get a good idea of how much passenger leg room has been given up. My wife will be with me a lot and while she is very petite I do not want to take up all of her room due to the enclosure. Is there any way you could take some pictures and post them on here?

Thanks for your input

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey Mike, I am looking at doing something similar, but to a 2021 General XP 4 Pursuit Edition. For whatever reason Polaris is not offering the Ride Command package with the Pursuit Edition. Anyway, I am going to add it myself along with an amp for the front speakers and I have been looking at the MTX Subwoofer so that I can use the factory heater as well.

Do you feel that you have lost too much leg room on the passenger side with the MTX enclosure? I can only find a few pictures of one installed, and none from the top down to really get a good idea of how much passenger leg room has been given up. My wife will be with me a lot and while she is very petite I do not want to take up all of her room due to the enclosure. Is there any way you could take some pictures and post them on here?

Thanks for your input
While I do not have the mtx sub enclosure. I’ve seen floating around here on post or on fb group forum, the enclosure stick out around 2” roughly on that passenger side. Again I don’t have one myself so I cannot day with 100% certainty. Just what I have read. Hope this helps you any.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I was able to find a few pictures, but not many. Guess it is a moot point now though as I have already started ordering components and I will use the MTX sub one way or another. Thanks for the rough measurements though, I will probably post some pics of the build once I get back and pick it up for others to refer to in the future.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I am away for the week but will get you some pics when I get back.

·
Registered
2 Posts

Thanks for your input

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did you try the MTX sub in your 2021? I did and it wouldn’t fit. The whole thing was just off a bit on the shape snd the width. I’ve emailed them, but their service is not all that great. I’d really like to make it work.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts