Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, after tracing a bug all day yesterday, I got the install completed and I can say this sub is a very worthwhile upgrade. It fits in the factory opening in the center console between the driver and passenger legs. I have Ride Command so I already had two additional outputs in my harness for adding speakers or a sub. I used AMP3 for my sub. AMP1 runs my factory sound bar and AMP2 is available for additional rear or door speakers. AMP1 and 2 have a high pass crossover to protect smallish speakers and AMP3 has a low pass. This is why AMP3 is best for a sub. The MB Quart Polaris to RCA adapter also provides the amp remote turn on lead and the included power harness was the perfect length to reach the factory buss bar under the hood. I installed the included remote volume control in the center cubby.

If anyone is looking to do this mod, it's super easy and has rather decent results. I got mine during the eBay 20% coupon day and the seller (audiovibrations) took an offer of 10% off as well. It ended up costing me about $360 plus $30 for the overpriced adapter from MB Quart. Anyways, here are a few pics from my install.

· Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My big concern was vibration or rattles. But, with the way the sub sandwiches the center stack, there is none. The sound is quite nice. It's not like the JL stuff in my truck or wife's Jeep as you are open air with a plastic box. But, it is better than I expected and worth the $ in my opinion.

· Registered
18 Posts
I agree. I also just installed this and was really impressed. I did use some sound dampening backer on the underside of of the stock removable panel on the general just beneath where the subwoofer is installed. I also installed some very thin foam tape where plastic parts met and it completely stopped any vibration I had.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

· Registered
67 Posts
Installed mine this past weekend and wow what a difference.

Quick question, how did you run the cabling from the factory sound bar to the sub? I don’t have ride command, but just the factory mtx sound bar on top of windshield. I’m struggle a little getting the rca connectors to be hidden. Not enough room in the rops tube for me to get it through. Thanks.

· Registered
1,267 Posts
I’m struggle a little getting the rca connectors to be hidden. Not enough room in the rops tube for me to get it through. Thanks.

I cut them off and hardwired it. Hopefully will get my RF sub installed in the next couple of weeks and will find out if it was a bad decision. LOL

· Premium Member
2016 Polaris General Deluxe, 10% OEM
5,119 Posts
Can I ask what kind of bug you were tracing? LOL!!!

I gave up on the Polaris sound bar. Put in a rugged radio set up that has an iPod plug...and we listen to it.

Pirate

· Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Can I ask what kind of bug you were tracing? LOL!!!
I traced a ground loop that happened when both RCAs were connected at once causing the Ride Command head unit to go into protection and cut all output to the AUX connections.

Either that or maybe a western conifer seed bug?

· Registered
18 Posts

Quick question, how did you run the cabling from the factory sound bar to the sub? I don’t have ride command, but just the factory mtx sound bar on top of windshield. I’m struggle a little getting the rca connectors to be hidden. Not enough room in the rops tube for me to get it through. Thanks.
I didn't have the factory radio. I'm using the jbl ub4100.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

· Registered
1 Posts

I have the mtx sound bar and the sub trying to figure out where the rc wire plug into on the sound bar ?

· Registered
2022 general xp4 RC ghost white
330 Posts
So, after tracing a bug all day yesterday, I got the install completed and I can say this sub is a very worthwhile upgrade. It fits in the factory opening in the center console between the driver and passenger legs. I have Ride Command so I already had two additional outputs in my harness for adding speakers or a sub. I used AMP3 for my sub. AMP1 runs my factory sound bar and AMP2 is available for additional rear or door speakers. AMP1 and 2 have a high pass crossover to protect smallish speakers and AMP3 has a low pass. This is why AMP3 is best for a sub. The MB Quart Polaris to RCA adapter also provides the amp remote turn on lead and the included power harness was the perfect length to reach the factory buss bar under the hood. I installed the included remote volume control in the center cubby.

If anyone is looking to do this mod, it's super easy and has rather decent results. I got mine during the eBay 20% coupon day and the seller (audiovibrations) took an offer of 10% off as well. It ended up costing me about $360 plus $30 for the overpriced adapter from MB Quart. Anyways, here are a few pics from my install.

Nice work, i ordered a 2022 general xp4 it had the Rockford fosgate stage 1 already i added the stage 2 rear speakers and the amp wanted the sub but couldnt get it because of the oem heater i also added, is this waterproof? Will this work with the factory stereo coming in mine? Thank you

· Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The OEM heater does present a conflict with the Stage 4. You have to run the Inferno heater to use the OE Sub. But since you already have the OE heater on order, this is your option. I would think you'd be fine running it with your setup. I'm not familiar with the new 7" RC head but I'm guessing it also has additional AUX outputs you could tap. Maybe someone who has done this on a newer machine can chime in as I'm not 100% and don't want to steer you wrong...

· Registered
2022 general xp4 RC ghost white
330 Posts
The OEM heater does present a conflict with the Stage 4. You have to run the Inferno heater to use the OE Sub. But since you already have the OE heater on order, this is your option. I would think you'd be fine running it with your setup. I'm not familiar with the new 7" RC head but I'm guessing it also has additional AUX outputs you could tap. Maybe someone who has done this on a newer machine can chime in as I'm not 100% and don't want to steer you wrong...
Thanks, ive unfortunately got time to do the homework lol hopefully no more than August

· Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Just to update this thread a little. The bug I was chasing during my initial install was this. The Ride Command head unit is VERY sensitive and will go into protection mode easily. Whenever I connected both the left and right RCAs from the output adapter to the MTX sub, the head would send the aux 3 output into protection mode. I finally gave up and just left one side connected since bass is generally mono. Anyways, I noticed that they now have a new adapter made to solve just this issue. The part number is MUDPRC. I'll link it below. I'm considering give it a shot to see if I pick anything up from the additional signal. The only thing that gets me is this newer MTX adapter is basically a line driver with an adapter that mates with the RV output hard wired on. I'm wondering if a PAC line driver running off my existing adapter would provide the same results and cost me $30 from Amazon instead of $150 for the MTX unit... However, it would probably have moisture issues down the road so I think I'll just spend the $ and get the MTX unit. I'll report back about what kind of improvement I see...

MTX MUDPRC Adapter Link

PS: I found a discount code on the RZR forums. 10% off and free shipping if you use "RzrForum" on the MTX site.

This article from Metra sums up the basics of the outputs. It would appear that no matter what we do, we'll always be lacking mid bass from the 100-200 range.

Metra Link

I may end up getting a power sports 4 channel amp and have it power the OE sound bar along with two 6.5's in the center back of the roof too. That said, my first step is to see how much better I can get the sub sounding...

· Registered
1 Posts
I have the 2020 Polaris general with the rockford fosgate stereo. I ordered the sub and when I went to install it there isn't a plug anywhere on the head unit or anywhere else to be exact. Kinda dont want to cut and splice wires. What's my beat bet

· Registered
2019 General
22 Posts
I have the 2020 Polaris general with the rockford fosgate stereo. I ordered the sub and when I went to install it there isn't a plug anywhere on the head unit or anywhere else to be exact. Kinda dont want to cut and splice wires. What's my beat bet
Does your setup have just the front speakers down by your feet?
My brother has a 21xp setup factory with Fosgate speakers and head unit. He bought the rear speakers, sub, and amp. His kit came with a wiring harness. He is non ride command.
He had to change out the wiring harness from the factory setup for two front speakers.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts